ericisme

Ok so i got Social Phobia like probably a year or 2 ago, im 17 now. I dropped out of high school then to and then I gained weight. I basically had no future so i thought about killing myself dozens of times. But i think i changed my mind, ive been losing weight(kinda hard)so i figured i should try again. But then i just looked online for some online diplomas and there expensive as {EDIT}. My mom already can barely afford to get me alone healthy food so i always just try not to eat(its always kinda fattening\cheap stuff she gets). I really cant go back to an actual school and cant get a job without a diploma, so should i just go back to plan A?

Any tips or ideas?

You can get your GED which would help you in getting a job also. Social Phobia is hard to overcome but you can get past it. Learn tricks to ease the anxiety. I used to be very shy and afraid of peoplw when I was your age. But when I was hired at my first job it helped a lot.

As far as the not eating goes... you will actually gain more weight by starving yourseld. The reason for this is your body goes into starvation mode and starts storing anything you put in it as fat. It would be best to just eat in moderation, even fatty foods, to lose weight. Just cut back on what and how much you eat.

I'm a bit of a nutritionist by hobby so I know I can help you with that part. My family is rather lower class as well, and while what you say is true about most fatty and bad foods being cheap, there are some good nutritious foods that are pretty cheap. First, for fruits, you can get bananas and apples pretty cheap (usually between $1.20-$2.20/lb). Cucumbers and celery are also pretty cheap as well. Next for carbohydrates, a box of whole grain pasta usually runs for about $1.50 and can last 2-3 meals! Yogurt also is one of my favorites, and if you buy store brand togurt, it can be as cheap as $.40 each and provides great protein. For Sandwhich meats, turkey ham and turkey pastrami come to about $3-$4 a pound (and are great for you) while other sandwhich meats are aroun $7 a pound. Just explore and you will find more things, it just takes some time exploring your super market. Just remember always buy store brand rather than kellogs or big national brands, you can do well, I know it!

As far as the social phobia, you really need to fight it in order to succeed. Heck, get your GED and go to a community college and learn computer programming, half those kids are awkward too, and maybe you can feel more at ease. You can study for your GED on your own too and be just as successful as learning in a class. To quote Mark Twain, "I never let school get in the way of my education." Best of luck!

what's that starvation mode thing people keep talking about, last time i went on low-calorie diet, my body tried to shut itself down - i lost peripheral vision, sex drive, sleep, walking balance - i would just wobble around, my pace slowed to a crawl, etc.

going back on regular food (courtesy of my parents, since i could no longer take care of myself) gave me back my sleep in just two days, and after a week's normal sleep, i could walk like a human again. peripheral vision came back immidiately after my first night sleep.

so what;s this about the body storing fat? (mine lost 10kgs in two weeks)!

i'd be VERY careful with all that not-eating-thing!

ok so i got social phobia like probably a year or 2 ago, im 17 now. I dropped out of high school then to and then i gained weight. I basically had no future so i thought about killing myself dozens of times. But i think i changed my mind, ive been losing weight(kinda hard)so i figured i should try again. But then i just looked online for some online diplomas and there expensive as {edit}. My mom already can barely afford to get me alone healthy food so i always just try not to eat(its always kinda fattening\cheap stuff she gets). I really cant go back to an actual school and cant get a job without a diploma, so should i just go back to plan a?

Any tips or ideas?

weight gain can in it's self be depressing and weight loss can be expensive. Try this diet it is very affordable and it works. It also has a side effect of energy and good feelings. Good luck with it . It's called the sacred heart diet. You can google it .it is a seven day diet.

Archived