I can't talk to my boyfriend..

jhinesis

I don't know what's up with me, but I can't talk to my boyfriend about how I am feeling. It's a very new relationship, and we've had some difficulties. He wants me to tell him what I think and what's wrong, but I just seem unable too. I can't find the words or I'm too worried about becoming emotional. I've NEVER had this problem before. I've also found myself to be completely agreeable in a bad way. I agree with everything because I don't want him to think badly of me. I'm afraid of suggesting things, like us hanging out because I don't want to appear clingy or needy. This is so unlike me. Maybe it's because we're still in that "new", honeymoon stage in the very beginning of a relationship. We've never once fought or even disagreed on anything yet.

Communication is very important to him and he's told me that when something is wrong, but I won't acknowledge it to him, that it makes him distance himself. I understand this, but I can't do it! I've tried, I just can't. I can, however, talk to him about my feelings over the instant messenger, but not on the phone or in person... what is wrong with me?

ok heres the things, guys like clingy on occations so don't worry about that. It helps us to make sure your not cheating or anything, thats possibly what he's thinking about the open comunication and how it's important to him. It is a new relationship so being unable to communicate things is not uncommon at least for the people i've known and the relationships i've been in. my advice, just speak up on little things at first and don't worry about him thinking badly about you because you have an opinion, he's not worth it if thats the case

I can totally relate here. I didn't open up much to my boyfriend because I didn't want to appear clingy. But you know what? He was glad when I opened up, he wanted to help me. Put yourself in his shoes, if he wanted to open up to you and say when something is wrong etc, would you put him down? Would you want to get away from his 'clingyness'? I bet you wouldn't. You would be only too glad to help him out with his problems. Try opening up to him, just once and see how it goes.

What kinds of things are "wrong" this early on? When you say "feelings" do you mean you can't tell him when you feel happy because it's a beautiful day out or you had a great day with your friends? Or do you mean "talk" as in talking about "The Relationship" or complaints you might have? You don't have to talk about The Relationship in order to be close - often closeness comes through shared laughter/private jokes in the beginning and also throughout.

Archived