question about the baby?

katietrapp1

Hello all its been a while since i have posted in this section, but anyway my little one is a month on now, and a few people have been telling me that i could use the baby cereal like a little bit in her bottle at night to help her sleep through the night , just wondering what the age is supposed to be, i would really like it if she woul sleep all night i am sleep deprived Thanks and i wasnt sure if i should post this here or somewhere else..

With my first child I was REAL careful with everything. The recommendation is to not give solids until 3-4 months of age. However with my son (2nd child), he ate ALOT, I did the cereal in the bottle and it helped. He was about 1.5-2 months when I finally said ENOUGH! I needed sleep.

my baby dr said to NEVER put cereal in the baby's bottle. and also told me that starting any foods too early can cause alergies to them. he said the earliest you should start feeding them anything but breast milk or formula is 4 months, and most babies still should wait till 6 months.

somewhere around 1.5-2 months my baby was only waking up once around 3 am, and around 3 months, he began sleeping through the night completely. my doctor said the safest thing for baby is for mommy to just tough it until baby sleeps. he did not reccomend anything besides "sleep when baby sleeps" even if that means skipping the dishes or laundry

when they are that little, they NEED to eat that often. just like baby animals need more than adult animals. they need it to survive. they will sleep through the night when they are ready.

i was sleep deprived as well for the first couple months. as soon as the baby went back to sleep, so did i, whether it was 2am or 3 in the afternoon

A baby does not have a fully developed digestive system until they are over 2 years old. While they start eating solids before that. Be very careful because you can cause gastric bleeding to their immature system. They are not meant to sleep the entire night at a month old, they still require the calories at night until they are a certain weight. ALWAYS ask your dr and do not listen to what other people tell you that is the best way to keep your baby safe and healthy.

I knew some of my friends who did this. Some of the kids did fine. A lot of them ended up with food allergies or with metabolism problems. They did not burn calories very efficiently. It can screw up their metabolism if they are fed cereal too early. At least that is what my Pediatrician told me and it seems to be true sometimes.

I started using just a tiny bit of rice cereal when my son was around 3 months old. I only did this because he would eat way to much and I did get the ok from the doctor before doing this. It helped a lot in satisfying his hunger.

He has never had any allergies or digestive problems from it.

A friend of my husbands on the other hand started feeding cereal to their baby early on... along with gaterade! And other things.... they stick a bottle in this baby's mouth if it even lets out a whimper.

Their baby has been to the doctor a few times for blood in the stools which turned out to be from severe constipation. This baby is really overweight now to.

It is always good to ask the doctor on these things.

Talk to your pediatrician about it. Some say it's ok, others say NO! It really depends on your baby and the situation. My son was started on rice cereal somewhat early because he had severe GERD and it seemed to help but I only did that under the advice of his pediatrician.

Starting it too early though can cause allergies, digestive problems and so many other things. So it's always best to consult your doctor first.

Archived