Can Men Fall in Love WITHOUT sex?

Sweet Venus

Can guys fall in love without having a sexual relationship with a woman?

Definitely. I think it happens more often than we think. However, for all men there's always the expectation of sex at some point in the relationship. So, I'm not sure if that answers your question ...

Speaking as a guy this is a good question. Of course theoretically the answer is yes, but on a street-like practical level it is a little more grey.

This question really depends on how you look at it. For guys that said "I love you" before IC, I bet they were doing some serious jogging around the base path if you know what I mean, and they were expecting to get it soon afterwards.

And don't forget men tend to express their love physically, so if he is not having sex he will tend to be frustrated about not getting to express it that way. I believe sex is hardwired to be part of the equation.

Also, for alot of guys who have been through the dating rejection and process, they think of sex as reaffarmation that their partner truly desires them, and until they get this they might just hold a little bit back.

After I have sex with a partner I feel a much closer bond, your opening yourselves fully to one another completely vulnerable for both parties.

I've never "loved" someone before sex, I am not sure exactly if I have ever felt love, but I do care for every girl I have ever been with.

I know that it wouldn't be good in bed unless we already loved each other. I don't need to test drive - and test driving would be irrelevant because without love I couldn't have a great experience, with love, it might not be the best experience the first few times but I would know we had a strong enough bond to work that out. (that's never really happened to me, other than the sex gets better over time as you get even closer).

I think sex is another way of expressing love but it's a mistake, I think, to assume that sex will create love if the love isn't there yet. And, if it does, I'd be concerned that if one or both of us couldn't have sex for any extended period of time, there wouldn't be enough love there to sustain the relationship.

There is another question about men who have FWB relationships..so I want to pose this question...

Can guys fall in love without having a sexual relationship with a woman?

I find so. In fact I feel if you prolonge sex, then both of you are kinda "forceD" to get to know each other on a non sexual level.

My bf and I had sex fairly quickly, but it only happened once, then we slowed it down and got to know each other more.

We did do other sexual stuff though. So I can't really say "we didn't have sex".

I think if we hadn't had sex he would have still fallen in love. But it's better to have a combination of getting to know each other and a bit of sex to feel close..

If there is too much sex going on it takes away from getting to know each other on a non sexual level, which is needed IMO to fall in love.

I agree with most everyone else that yes, men don't need to have sex with a woman to fall in love with her. But there's something I don't understand: love is basically a mechanism we evolved to continue the species (procreate), isn't it? So why the insistence by both men & women on separating the two?

(I realize this question is off topic, but I'm curious nonetheless.)

I agree with most everyone else that yes, men don't need to have sex with a woman to fall in love with her. But there's something I don't understand: love is basically a mechanism we evolved to continue the species (procreate), isn't it? So why the insistence by both men & women on separating the two?

This is kinda of what I getting at in my post. The two are linked (at least as far as romantic love is concerned) in both men and women's brains.

I don't believe love is merely some mechanism that came from evolution. I think love is divine/spiritual. Sex is an expression of love. THe insistence on separating the two comes from a society where many men have been taught that its okay to appreciate the sex-act without commitment/love.

This is kinda of what I getting at in my post. The two are linked (at least as far as romantic love is concerned) in both men and women's brains.

But what about the men who say they slept with a bunch of women but didn't really feel a thing for them? How can it be a lie? I mean, love is something we rarely are able to lie about, even if it was: I don't see substantial motivations for the lie.

Archived