Because she's older I guess..

Truth317

Venting: Just on my mind...

I met this woman once who was 8 years older than me. I was 24, she's 32. Before I get to a brief story, I just want to point out that SHE was the one who actually asked for my phone number despite knowing my I was 24, still at home and still kickin it...

Met her from link removed... I thought she was a pretty nice lady so after a couple weeks of talking I took her out to dinner. We had a REALLY nice time until sudden questions came up about relationships and that's when I first noticed her stubborness.

As time went on, we eventually began to talk a bit more, see each other more and that's when I revealed to her that I was interested; she politely declined stating that I was TOO young, TOO inexperienced and that I didn't have a career. (As if she likes her job anymore than I like mine...I work for the government.)

I still saw a bit of curiosity from her part so I continued to pursue with caution, just calling a little less and offering visitis a little less as well. At times our phone conversations were centered around how a relationship amongst us could benefit "her" instead of benefitting "us." (Another testament to her stubbornness.)

Ironically, she went as far as saying she "wished she could have a man just like me, but at 30 years old." Long story short, she's racing against the biological clock and believes that she'd be better off finding a man who has much more of "career" and is more ready for marriage & children within a 1-2 year time span.

I don't plan on moving that fast myself, honestly. But if that's the case why did she ask for my phone number? Just a weekend or two ago, she invited me down to meet & hangout with her father. What the heck is the point of all that?

I don't call this girl all that much and I don't try to go see her much either because I realize it's just a dead-end. Why should I expend so much energy on someone who can't do the same for me? Hell, if you ain't interested.. than I ain't going go out of my way to try to prove to you that I am date-worthy.

I was just pissed because I think that was some BS. If that was the case you should've never asked for my phone number after I told you I was 24 and living at home, that should've been it. But don't call me and then start complaining about I don't got this and I don't got that.

Been there done that..

Older women... not a good idea. I did this years ago and it really messed up my mind.

SOME older women seem to like to be reminded of their younger days when they could attract any man they wanted. When they hit their 30s, they still like to feel they've "Got what it takes" and will string a younger man along to see how far he's willing to go.

Personally, I'd drop the idea and move on. The less complicated a woman/relationship is the more successful it can be. If its complicated you'll spend half of your relationship trying to work her out instead of having the relationship.

Dr

Been there done that..

Older women... not a good idea. I did this years ago and it really messed up my mind.

SOME older women seem to like to be reminded of their younger days when they could attract any man they wanted. When they hit their 30s, they still like to feel they've "Got what it takes" and will string a younger man along to see how far he's willing to go.

Personally, I'd drop the idea and move on. The less complicated a woman/relationship is the more successful it can be. If its complicated you'll spend half of your relationship trying to work her out instead of having the relationship.

Dr

That's a really valid point. Thanks.

i really doubt a woman who is 'racing against a biological clock' would ask out a man that much younger anyway. if baby was first priority it would be easy enough to cut and run.

and maybe she said she wished you were older out of pure self-conscious reasons..........not an agenda.......i.e. thinking YOU'd prefer there to be less of an age gap. i dunno that's what i think.

I am not sure exactly what that means. The age didn't really bother me a bit, though and I made that quite obvious. But if she's not interested there ain't nothin I can do about that. And I ain't going out of my way for no woman like that.

Archived