Trying to get this girl

Ok, I have liked this girl for a while now and she is always really nice and we always flirt with each other and I thought it was going really well. Well I talked to her best friend and she thoguht that the girl i lliked liked me too. A day later her friend took back what she said and said that she liked one of my friends and not me.

I want to know what I can do to get this girl to like me instead. We are really good friends, but she does not know that I like her. I want to be able to do this without having my friend that she likes get upset, because he knows she likes him and he likes her...but it just makes you so depressed to find out that she likes someone else and not you when you think you are the one.

I need all the help I can get please. Many replys would be much appreciated.

Well, I would hate like hell to be in your situation, but the best and most practical advice I could possibly give you, regardless of how much you love her, is to not let her come between you and your friend. I would not approach her, especially since you know full well the he knows she likes him, adn ask her out behind his back. An honest mistake is one thing, but blatantly doing it is another. Sit down and have a man to man talk with your friend, he is holding about as many cards as you for - if she turns you down, she stil likes him, but is she finds out that she likes you as well, he is sort of screwed. Between the two of you, you must decide what to do. Maybe he likes someone more than he likes her - in that case, he should let you make a move, but if she is important to him as well, you are out of luck until they break up, there is no sense destroying your friendship over her.

There is one exception in which you must be fully adament about your case with him. If you feel about her like I feel about a particular someone, that is, that she is the only one for you, your soulmate and your life is worth living jsut because she is alive, then you must tell your friend this. Now, I must warn you that he may or may not be sympathetic to your situation. Maybe he feels the same way. Just be honest with him and let things happen as they happen.

Best of luck to you always!