R.I.P. Jack

KG

What a guy! You could arrange things for friends that were unheard of! An Adirondack Guide, a sportsman, and Irishman to match any out there!

The men liked you, the ladies loved you, the fish feared you.

I'm going to miss you, dear friend...you were truly one of a kind. I am so glad for your friendship...you are my role model, and I told you that. You'd say, "been drinkin' already?"

Like another Father, you were to me....

The shot's on me Jack, to you....

With tears in my eyes, I'm gonna miss you!

Jack was one of my friends Father...an Irishman, with the twinkle in his eye, and a way with the ladies...be they 20 or 90. He guided kids at camping, boating, skiing. He taught kids how to catch fish with their bare hands, much to the DEC's chagrin. LOL!

He would hunt out of season in the mountains, for deer, to feed someones family that was having hard times...the Ranger would turn a blind eye to it.

More stories than you could imagine...and all true, with perhaps a bit of Blarney added.

He never took himself too seriously...life was too short for that.

At his funeral, there were people from 8 states, from 16 to 88....he was that kind of guy, that made a lasting impression on whose lives he touched!

R.I.P. Jack...it didn't get better than that!

"One is to be called friend and the other is Father. Especially when both have been earned not

through blood but though love."

Dags, if you don't mind...I'd like to print and frame that expression.

Wonderful.

Is it your own?

No I don't mind at all. Yes they are my own, the greatest honour I have ever been given is to be called dad. Not because I asked the boy to, because I never did but because he loved me as a father and I loved him as a son.

No I don't mind at all. Yes they are my own, the greatest honour I have ever been given is to be called dad. Not because I asked the boy to, because I never did but because he loved me as a father and I loved him as a son.

That is perfect! Good for you! Great for you!

Dags, if you don't mind...I'd like to print and frame that expression.

Wonderful.

Is it your own?

Awww, you guys...!

*runs off to the ladies' room to sob like a girly girl!*

We've got to make sure that Dags comes up on any google search forevermore under "Great Quotations". Dead serious, here.

And KG, I'm really sorry for your loss...I know this must be such a sad farewell and parting, but it sounds like he was a man who lived such a full and rich life. People like that live on in all the people they touched.

Archived