Why is my sadness getting worse?

There seems to be a very painful point that re-strikes at about 3 months. Keep reading it over and over again. We are on our way to healing, then BAM!

Is it maybe that around that amount of time the acceptance begins to really settle in that they are not coming back? While we hoped and prayed those first weeks and months ... we know now where reality is really headed?

Just a thought. It's a rough patch for sure. Right there with you. I'm pretty sure it passes ...

Im trying. Believe me, I am. I'm still trying to sort out my feelings for my ex. I know she still thinks about me every day, I know she still loves me. I dont know if i want her back or not. I certianly dont want to date anyone. I think that if she did come back (not likely), I would insist on couples counseling and she would have to work hard to regain my trust. Over the last few days I cant help but think that I DO want her back. I've thought about why that is. I think I just really miss talking to her, laughing, that sort of thing. I miss her sending me text messages saying "I adore you". I miss the physical closeness too. It's probably not very rational to want her back at this stage, but you cant help it, you know? Then comes the issue of trust, and wondering if I really could ever trust her again. I dont know if I could.

Archived