"She's out of my league"

big greg

Attractive people > Unattractive people.

I think that's basically what it's based upon.

yup... very well said...

i have learnt the following "sad but true" things of life:

1) attractive people > unattractive people. they will always be treated better by everyone... even strangers...

2) women say they want caring and loving men that will treat them well.. but they always value things like confidence and extrovert nature more and fall for it...

3) people in general say they value good and kind hearted people... but they end up respecting and liking attractive, well educated, high society people..

It would tell me that the person saying it has a confidence problem and maybe even a little self loathing.

Elizabeth Taylor married a truck driver.

Mira Sorvino married a physically unattractive waiter and they are still married.

Lyle Lovette who is butt ugly and not as successful married Julia Roberts when she was in the prime of her career.

Mel Gibson married a nurse and is still married.

Chris O Donald married his college sweetheart and I personally find her sorta average looking.

I think some people can be out of other people's league, meaning they are just in different places in life and to make a relationship out of that would be very difficult. In terms of physical appearance this can be true. If someone really cares about health and fitness and the other doesn't attempt to be healthy at all, there is not going to be an attraction. What is most important to people doesnt make them "worth" more than the other person, it just makes the formula not mix.

I don't view it completely from a looks perspective, because I'm a reasonably good-looking guy myself.

I look at it more from a social perspective: she's more popular or hangs with a different crowd than me, so it would never work out (at least according to my mental excuses). Thus, out of my league.

So going by the logic everyone here is conveying about different leagues being totally real, the people who are in the lower leagues should just not even look up to a higher league at all? they should keep their focus and settle on somebody who is on the same or lower level as them and not even worry about the slim change with someone from a higher league? Kind of discouraging when you stop and think about it..

So going by the logic everyone here is conveying about different leagues being totally real, the people who are in the lower leagues should just not even look up to a higher league at all? they should keep their focus and settle on somebody who is on the same or lower level as them and not even worry about the slim change with someone from a higher league? Kind of discouraging when you stop and think about it..

Well dude, life is full of "leagues", be it socioeconomic, racial, attractiveness, and so on. Even when people are relatively equal, we tend to divide ourselves further with arbitrary things like political parties, the kind of music we listen to, Greek societies in college, etc. We Americans like to think we live in one big classless society, but any sociologist will tell you that's far from the truth.

I envy and look up to those people who can transcend all classes and leagues of people. So I think it's not impossible, just very hard to look beyond leagues. I'm sure you could get girl beyond whatever your vision of your own league is, but it would take a lot of preservation and ability to take rejection in stride.

I think it all depends on the people involved. There's this couple I know. The girl is very pretty and the guy is honestly just not that attractive in my opinion. Most people would say she's out of his league (if they believe in the whole league thing). Yet they are a strong couple and very much in love. To her, he is attractive.

I don't think I'm attractive and think most people are out of my league if I find them attractive. Yet I've had boyfriends and other "things" (although not recently, ugh lol) What I just tell myself is that everyone has their own idea of what is attractive. I don't fit what I think is attractive, but obviously some others do. Hopefully at some point it will match up again.

Archived