"She's out of my league"

big greg

to me it means that a person doesn't have enough confidence.... I've been told that before and it totally pissed me off...made me feel very shallow... like looks are more important than who a person is.

I've actually heard be used about personality rather then looks as well. It can mean that someone is better looking, more intellegant, a nicer person..

I pretty much take that to mean that the person either sees too much of a disparity between us (physically, educationally, financially, etc) or that they imagine the person of interest would think so.

It sucks that people think this way, but its part of life I guess. I don't think I'd ever consider myself out of someone else's league but that doesn't mean I don't have preferences or standards.

To be honest, If I knew a girl thought she was out of my league it would make me laugh. I'd be thankful that I knew she was shallow before I tried anything.

I've heard it before .. but I don't agree that it's only based on looks .. people might think someone's out of their league if they don't have enough education and the other person has a much higher education .. they assume that the person with higher education will only date similar people .. which to be honest is a fair assumption... same goes for financial and social status..

I think some people apply that saying to beauty. But it also applies to status in my opinion. I know a guy who said this about a girl because of this. The girl is extremely smart, and she is in an ivy league school. She's very career driven and has her life very well put together, and he quit college cause he was too lazy.

I've said it many times before that a guy I find attractive is out of my league. Ever walk down the street and see a couple where one is very attractive and other isn't? It stands out right? That's what I'm talking about. There's this "social standard" where attractive people date equally attractive people. If you are more attractive, you can get a more attractive partner. So if I find a guy attractive, but realize he is more attractive than I am, I also realize that he probably usually dates other more attractive girls and thereforee would not be interested. I'm not saying that everyone goes by this, but I think it's pretty common.

Almost all girls I'm attracted to are out of my league, some would say this is a lack of self confidence. However when I am in the gym, I see the gorgeous women talking to built guys, and everyone who is less attractive more or less seem to be working there buts off trying to get to that level.

All it means to me is someone is better than you in one or more than one areas. Maybe they're better looking than you, maybe they're smarter than you, maybe they have more money, maybe theyre in a high social class. It can be alot of things. As much as some people like to deny the existence of these "leagues" and think that everyone is on equal playingfield and all that matters is personality they do exist. It's what beautiful people generally date beautiful people. Smart people date other smart people. People in high powerd social circles generally date within that circle. etc. etc.

What do you think it means when you hear "he/she is out of your league" or when you think "he/she is out of my league" ?

I think it means that people of equal looks, intelligence, social class should only date each other. I think in general it's how life works and not something that would go away any time soon.

Archived