What to do?

doityourself

You guys have probably already heard this before but I need to put it out there.

Im 31, married since 17, have 2 boys (3 & 9) Im bored with everything, and I mean everything.

I live in IL, which of course I hate, I was born in FL. I grew up in a drug and violence invested family. I thought if I got away from my family that things would be great but not a chance. Yes, I have depression and yes been on and off meds since cant even remember. Ive been through the counseling(survivor of sexual and physical abuse as a child) I dont find these things to work for me. Everyone says go get a hobby, hang out with friends. Well if there is no money and no friends what do you do????

I have not only become a constant complainer but Ive also starting to hate everything and everyone around me. I dont know what to do with myself, I feel like I could just crawl in bed and sleep my life away. Im so bored and disgusted with no only this city but how my life has turned out in general. If anyone can guide me without saying go hang out or go talk to someone, I would greatly appreciate any advice you can give.

There are lots of things you can do with little to no money.

But you owe it to not only yourself, but your children to not continue to remain in this emotional place.

You could try exercising. It doesn't cost any money to go for walk in a public park.

Go to your public library. You can check out books, movies, etc- and maybe try to discover something that piques you interest- This might be a good place to start.

Have you thought about your diet. Are you eating right ? Somestime when we eat too much fatty or greasy foods, we tend to feel lethargic and unmotivated. Perhaps you could try more fresh fruit and veggies.

These are just a few ideas.

Just keep in mind, you will only stay in this place if you choose to.

It's up to you to do something about it- To be proactive about wanting to change then taking action to accomplish it.

It may not be easy. And you might have a hard time getting motivated at first.

But like any lifestyle change- You have to committ to it and really put forth some effort.

You can do it !!!! Try to stay positive and see this as an opportunity !

Good Luck !!!!!

Are you on depression meds now? I think that a med would help some. I've been on several different ones and I am now on effexor, and it's been the best so far. I suffer from depression too, so much so that even though I'm pregnant now, my doc and OB decided to keep me on the effexor through my pregnancy. I made a stupid mistake and decided to not take it for 2 days (it makes me nauseous) and I spiraled way down really really fast. Didnt want to eat, all I did was cry and vomit, no motivation, I didnt even want to get up to go to the bathroom.

Anyhow, my point is that maybe a med might help. It wont cure you, but it's a start. NOW, if you're already taking a med, then I just wasted your time...lol.

If you are not on anything and money/insurance is an issue, go to a free clinic. I had no insurance for about a year and I used a free clinic here (Virginia) for that whole time. I paid $4 for prescripation antidepressants, IF I had it, it was a donation, and I paid nothing for the health care.

After you get on the meds, I'd look into things like the above poster said...what about spending time at the library. It's free!! All those great books and magazines. Ours has story time for the kids. You can meet other moms and swap watching each other's kids for a half hour or so, so that you can have some alone time looking around. It's a great place to start. Also, parks and playgrounds. Get your butt out into the sunshine and take your kids to play. Talk to the other parents. I talk to parents all the time, as a total stranger, and my kid isnt even born yet! lol

effexor is the med that Im on, also xanax, have tried all, the meds help little. Im a addictive reader and go to park everyday(son plays football). I live in Illinois where you can see cornfields all around and nothing but colleges, bars, shopping and going out to eat.

I have told my hub that I need to go back to Florida, he told me that he would make it happen. My hub is a great husband and father, its me. I dont know how to cope with the everyday life. Im scared that his eyes will open and he will see that life would be easier without me. I feel that way to. I dont want to my boys to grow up with this disease and I feel that Im pushing it on them. I will try you guys advice.

I just wanted to thank you for your reply

Well, how about checking out personal counseling thru the free clinic?? Having a new counselor may help. I also think it would be a great idea to get to know other moms/parents at the parks/playgrounds/libraries. You can take your kids to story time, it's free, and make friends with the other moms. Then take turns watching each other's kids during story time so that you can go wonder the stacks and have some YOU time.

Archived