If you could, what would it say?

Butterflygrl

I did write a last letter - and put it in with his things that he collected when I was at work. It basically said that I was letting go, deeply sad that we had both let our pasts scar our future, that at times I thought I understood but it would slip from my grasp and I'd be left feeling bewildered, used, hurt. I said that I knew it would pass and there would come a time when I could look back on what we shared with fondness, but just not now. I took responsibility for the part I played in our demise. I wished him peace and happiness, and what's more, I meant it.

Yesterday I heard from him for the first time in months. Nothing personal, nothing about 'us'. That's okay.

I did write a last letter - and put it in with his things that he collected when I was at work. It basically said that I was letting go, deeply sad that we had both let our pasts scar our future, that at times I thought I understood but it would slip from my grasp and I'd be left feeling bewildered, used, hurt. I said that I knew it would pass and there would come a time when I could look back on what we shared with fondness, but just not now. I took responsibility for the part I played in our demise. I wished him peace and happiness, and what's more, I meant it.

Yesterday I heard from him for the first time in months. Nothing personal, nothing about 'us'. That's okay.

Are you glad you sent that, or wish that you could have revised that in anyway? I think that was a good one.

Yes I am glad. I was in two minds whether to or not, but it felt right for me to do it, so I did! I needed him to know that although he'd been a complete sh*t the way he'd ended it, I didn't hold any malice toward him. I let go with love, not with bitterness or nasty comments - and with my dignity intact. True love is about forgiveness. It's about patience and kindness. He may not have shown that toward me at that time, but it didn't mean I had to respond in kind. I wasn't needy or pleading - just honest.

Alright, in all sincerity...

Dear [Her Name],

In keeping with my philosophies, people have to be strong to stand up and tell someone else that what they did was wrong. That it was immoral. That's what I'm doing now.

I believe you were wrong to dump me in the manner that you did. I don't feel you even knew why you dumped me, always changing the reason. First it was a question of our personalities, then the logic of our eventual distance. Then you turned the manner of how I handled the break up against me. All grasping for straws to escape a relationship you decided on a whim that you no longer wanted.

I think you were wrong to complain on so open a forum about me. I rolled over and accepted this act of disrespect. I treated it with levity when I should have called you on it. You should have told me what was wrong instead of complaining openly to other people. You worry about what you friends say when they see these things, but let me point out to you this- most of your friends will not be there come the latter years. You yourself said that these people almost never talk to you, so I doubt the power of that friendship.

I think what strikes me as most peculiar is the manner you treated me during the final stretch of the relationship. You would hardly speak to me at all, and the one time you did, you were rude, curt and even hung up on me. Is it truly a surprise after you did this, that I would remove you from Facebook connections or ever reply to your email?

I'm not angry at you. Nor am I sad anymore or depressed. I drowned myself in the bottle for a week, and then I stopped drinking for good. If anything, I guess I pity you because you don't know the courage to stand against the fear of a good, honest relationship. People find something good and then they start to get afraid and run because it seems almost too good to be true. Every once in a while, something comes along that IS that good.

And in fear, you ran.

I've known women who waited and waited, and waited for the right guy to come along. And in doing so gave up the chance to start a blood family, never realizing that it's not about finding the right one, but accepting one who is right. Almost all those women are still single to this day, never having had the courage to put their faith into someone.

Love is putting your faith into someone. And being rewarded for it.

I've moved on. I'm happy with myself and even moreso with who I'm becoming. So don't feel bad about what has transpired. Please take care of yourself,

-He2etic

Good idea for a post lets see..

Dear *insert name*

I feel as if the world has changed in so short a time. I thought i had it all figured out until the day you told me it was over.

In a world filled with horrible corrupted people i thought i had found my one that i could trust until my last day. Now i know i was wrong and i fear that in years time i will still never understand how you of all people, after all we shared, could destroy trust unlike any i had ever shared before.

I move on now, i move on to find good again, i move on now to find myself. I had told you i would have loved you until my last day but now, even now, i know you will own a special spot in my heart but you will never have my love again.

I can only hope you a happy life, and that you will look back someday and reflect.

I will prove someday that the good guy doesnt always finish last.

Hey (*****),

I want to thank you for giving me one of the best years of my life. I got to be someones princess even if it was only for just a little over a year. Thank you for showing me how things can be & for being my hero, even if it was for such a short time. It was nice to feel cared about by a good friend after so many years of being disrgarded by an errant husband. You always said you couldn't thank him enough for "serving me up on a silver platter for you". You said you wanted us the be the couple that other couples are always jealous of. You wanted my girlfriends to be envious of the way you treated me b/c I was so special to you. I think about that often, & I can promise you, that in these last few months, there is no one jealous of me anymore sweetie.

For the things you have done these last few months, only make them hug their men harder & with a deeper appreciation for what they have. They have seen first hand how someone who appears to be so loving and gracious, can treat someone they "love" like absolute garbage at the flip of a switch. Thank you for continuing to text me & try to make plans with me. It used to really hurt, since I told you not to contact me unless you wanted to work on whatever it was that went wrong for you & get us back on track. But every time you did it drove the point home more and more, that you were just bored & were missing "the best sex you'd ever had". Not so much me I guess, Im disposable. So while that used to hurt, now it just makes me hate you a little bit more every time you taunt me & take another reckless stab at my heart. So keep it up, it will make me get over you that much faster when I am reminded of how much you just don't care about how your actions affect or hurt me. I'm sorry you turned out to be such a worthless coward. I've known you for 12 years and never even had an inkling that you were this way. My mistake & Im paying for it in spades. Thanks for the lesson, after everything I have already been through, I didn't really realize that I needed another one. But I guess I needed to be reminded how to never treat another human.

I still wish nothing but the best for you,

me

Barb,

If my heart could talk or sing, for so long they would have been bitter songs of lost love, but now they are songs of hope, redemption and of looking to the future. I know that youre in a bad place, and although you don't know it my thoughts are with you and keeping you strong.

All that I am, loves all that you are.

Luke

Mine would be rather short:

Dear You,

I wish you the best in your future and hope that you find what you're looking for. Thank you so much for all the good times and all the lessons that we learned from each other, I know I'm a better person for it. While I hope that one day we'll meet again, we've got quite a bit of growing to do for now. Take care, be safe, and keep your head up.

-Me

Okay if I chime in?

-----

Dear "Jim"

Sheep!!!! Seriously. "Woolite?" I know, I know.... Ms Piggy still has a frog in her throat! Right!?

What I would not do to hear you utter those again. What I would not do to sit with you, howl with you, and love with you. What I would not do to eat french toast in the morning with real maple syrup and hear about your rounds, or your board meetings, or the ... What I would not do to help your children cope with their parents' divorce and subsequently, my part in your life.

I miss you.

Before we split up, I promised I would never come between you and your kids. And I will honor that promise even though it is killing me at times, even as I wonder why did it have to be so black and white, kids or me.

Please know my heart goes with you. I picture you padding around the condo in your boxers, your blue eyes twinkling with your latest surprise, the dimples on your chin giving away how much you loved being with me.

My life continues to be lived - each day I look for the rainbows, each day I remember to always look on the bright side of life because I'm not dead yet!

Each day I hope... and each day, I have faith.

All my best,

Jules

Archived