Girls and Shoes...

hockeyplaya44

My shoes have tissue duct taped to the inside of the heel as a quick repair to sort out a hole... I really don't see how it matters, and frankly anyone who is going to care that much about appearance, especially shoes, is not going to be someone I get on with.

Amen to that. If my shoes are not good enough then she's not good enough.

it could be subliminal... I always make sure my shoes are for the right occasion, the right color, the right height... and I will say that I do look at guys shoes, but it's not that I really care... I think it's just a habit. But if a guy has on a nike shirt with addidas shoes, I don't know if I could handle it! (I'm joking)

I rarely look at a guy's shoes, really. The only time I notice them is if he's wearing a really nice outfit and really trashed-looking shoes, or if he's wearing something really nice, like a suit, and totally inapppropriate shoes, like sandals.

Honestly, I'm a girl who LOVES shoes. I have TONS. I don't really care about men's shoes, though. I am much more likely to notice his grooming/hygiene first (i.e. if he looks showered, has washed his hair, takes care of his teeth, etc.), THEN his clothes (unless he's wearing something wild, like a skirt or something!) and shoes are pretty much last.

My shoes have tissue duct taped to the inside of the heel as a quick repair to sort out a hole... I really don't see how it matters, and frankly anyone who is going to care that much about appearance, especially shoes, is not going to be someone I get on with.

Well, I don't so much think it is about appearance so much as how you handle life. So if she meets you & you have plugged a hole in your shoe, fine. But 6 weeks down the line, you still have a hole in your shoe b/c you can't be bothered to take care of yourself, then I don't think it has anything to do with appearance, but it's more of a lifestyle choice.

It says "this guy is lazy and doesn't care". So when people talk about "appearances", that is the image of yourself that you are projecting, that "you don't care". Hence the old addage, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Some people are broke & cant take care of stuff...fine. But some people are just lazy & it's tough to tell the two apart sometimes!

Well, I don't so much think it is about appearance so much as how you handle life. So if she meets you & you have plugged a hole in your shoe, fine. But 6 weeks down the line, you still have a hole in your shoe b/c you can't be bothered to take care of yourself, then I don't think it has anything to do with appearance, but it's more of a lifestyle choice.

It says "this guy is lazy and doesn't care". So when people talk about "appearances", that is the image of yourself that you are projecting, that "you don't care". Hence the old addage, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Some people are broke & cant take care of stuff...fine. But some people are just lazy & it's tough to tell the two apart sometimes!

Its not that I can't be bothered to do anything about it, its that I can't agree with wasting £50 on a new pair of shoes when these ones still work fine. I would rather run something into the ground totally before I buy new ones.

You are right though the image I project is that 'I don't care', and I don't.

No I don't look at guys' shoes nor do I judge them based on their shoes. Sometimes I will glance down but only because I might be too shy to look them in the eye, or when I'm on the subway I unawarely glance down at peoples' shoes to avoid looking them in the eye.

Archived