Fundamental Question =)

robinhood

How do you handle jealousy?

In my situation, I'm normally the popular guy but recently there has been another guy. We are more or less equal in most things e.g. looks, communication and charm etc. We also both play different sports, both to a high level (we've recently won tournaments in our own sport.). He's older than me by about 3 years but he is only 1 year above me at university. I guess his only weakness is that I'm smarter than him.

But it doesn't make me less jealous, can anyone help?

Well the thing is there will always be better than you in something. NO ONE is the epitomy in anything. Why not instead be happy for him??? If you spend time being happy for people for the good things in life you have less time to worry about stuff and emotions that are negative and get you nowhere.

Well the thing is there will always be better than you in something. NO ONE is the epitomy in anything. Why not instead be happy for him??? If you spend time being happy for people for the good things in life you have less time to worry about stuff and emotions that are negative and get you nowhere.

Just what I was going to say. Look at Michael Phelps, Before him there was someone he wanted to beat was he jealous nope he just worked harder to be the best he could be. Like Victoria66 said there will always be someone better than you at something or sooner or later some one will beat what ever you have done. If you live life worried or jealous about that then your not really living life. Just have to learn to accept things they way they are and live your life they way you want to.

Archived