Wrong name twice?

enlightenme

My boyfriend has called me by the wrong name twice. Once when we first started dating so I let it slide because we hadn't been together very long. Now we have been together 4 months, and I know that isn't very long. But, we made the decision not to date anyone else almost immediately. A week ago he called me by the wrong name again. It's his female friend's name that he dated before. I can't help but feel hurt. Any thoughts? We have been having some other problems pop up here lately.. so is this a mountain out of a mole-hill? New growing pains and I should get over it?

Thanks.

Don't make a big deal out of it now...however if it keeps happening then there might be cause for concern. When someone cares about you they should not routinely get your name wrong. So just wait and see what happens. You have only been together four months, that is still not long enough for real solid bonds to take hold.

I used to call my bf my dog's name all the time.

lol, yeah but you live with your dog and have contact with your dog on a daily basis, so yeah you can be excused from calling your bf by its name lol...

lets hope this guy isn't doing it for same reason.....

Thanks to everyone for responding. I just let him know it was bothering me. He said he was sorry and that he does this often even with members of his family. So, there are other issues but, I am going to make another post for those later. And I agree I just need to monitor the situation a little longer before feeling really hurt by it. I think it was just felt like a slap in the face because for me I feel like we have made some close bonds. But, my bonds to him are closer than his are to me. It is just going to take him longer than it does for me. We aren't on the same page yet. I think this made me realize it. That's what made me sad. So I will back up a bit and see what happens. Thanks to all of you.

I've done this before. Even after being with my SO a year i called him my ex's name. I think even once when it was longer than a year.

I was with my ex a long time and it was mere force of habit and meant nothing. i had NO thoughts of my ex. IT was just one of those slips of confusion.

I can tell you firsthand it does NOT always mean they are thinking of the ex. I had ZERO romantic interest for my ex at all. It was simply an old habit that the name came out of my mouth.

My mother has 3 daughters. I have been called everything from my 2 sister's names to my 2 dog's names to my step-dad's name....

and then finally she usually just calls me "child number 1".....

My mom does this too. Are you sure you're not my sister here posting? lol

She's even called me my rotten brothers name. She goes down the list till she gets it right. lol

But I do the same thing. I call my son my ex husband....I call my son by evil brothers name...

My mom does this too. Are you sure you're not my sister here posting? lol

She's even called me my rotten brothers name. She goes down the list till she gets it right. lol

But I do the same thing. I call my son my ex husband....I call my son by evil brothers name...

My sisters usually refer to me as "The Devil".

At least they think it's funny......

I wouldn't make a big issue out of it unless it kept happening all the time. Then I would inquire what was going on. I'd also look for other signs of possible cheating. But people make mistakes like that all the time. So I wouldn't freak out because it could simply be a mistake. Hey don't feel bad.... I've been called another name during sex. Now that was painful haha.

Archived