I may have a date tomorrow. Why am I not incredibly excited?

DaBladeRoden

So I have a (maybe) date with this woman tomorrow. So far, we've only talked online and on the phone. Everything is set up, Casablanca's for dinner at 8. Maybe going to this Inn after where a friend from high school's band is playing.

I still have a couple reservations though. She has a kid. An 8 year old kid. And she's already been divorced once. Firstly, I already have reservations about dating someone with a kid. But she's only 2 years older than me, but it feels like I'm going after someone with twice the life experience as me, seeing as I at 24 still live with my parents, don't have an established career yet, and still have my V and K cards. While at 26 she has a job, a half grown kid, and an ex husband already.

Also, she's heavier than what I usually go after. I mean, at 180 I'm no Jack Skellington, so I guess I'm in no position to judge. Ok, next point.

She's into this new age spiritualism thing. While I was raised Catholic but am currently agnostic. I'd normally be ok with dating someone of a different religion, but it's already starting to have a grating effect.

I should have just ended our conversation as soon as the date was organized. Cause I guess she wasn't impressed with my phone conversational abilities. She kept saying I was "bla" and then she started saying I had no soul because I admitted earlier I wasn't good at meditating. But then she said that everyone had no soul because we are all one in everything or nothingness or something like that.

So I don't know where this date stands right now, but I do hope if she's planning on canceling she'll at least call me before I get on the road for 1.5 hours.

Also she has this weird privacy thing going. All her Myspace photos are private even from her friends, her IM is on invisible mode, and her calls show up as "private". But oddly she has a modeling page that leaves less to the imagination. So that's weird.

So yeah, 18 hours until I leave. Go, forumites, discuss what I'm getting into! Am I really this desperate for a date?

I don't know.... you two just don't sound compatible. If someone told me I didn't have a soul, that in itself would be a deal-breaker.

I literally cringed while reading this thread. You can do better, you can find someone who likes your soul and doesn't think you're "blah".

I don't know.... you two just don't sound compatible. If someone told me I didn't have a soul, that in itself would be a deal-breaker.

I literally cringed while reading this thread. You can do better, you can find someone who likes your soul and doesn't think you're "blah".

I agree with this. No soul because you're not good at meditating? Yeah, that would grate on my nerves too. I checked out the video she wanted you to watch...it's part one of The Secret, which I've already seen. It doesn't sound to me that there's anything you actually like about her, so is it really worth the trip? I wouldn't drive an hour and a half to see someone who though I was blah You have more going for you than that.

I agree with this. No soul because you're not good at meditating? Yeah, that would grate on my nerves too. I checked out the video she wanted you to watch...it's part one of The Secret, which I've already seen. It doesn't sound to me that there's anything you actually like about her, so is it really worth the trip? I wouldn't drive an hour and a half to see someone who though I was blah You have more going for you than that.

Well maybe there will be people at the club where the band is.

I don't really get why you guys are going on a date. You're obviously not too impressed with her and she doesn't seem that crazy about you. What's the point? The first date should be something you're both excited about. I mean you've found some glaring incompatibilities before you've even met her. Shoot for higher than this! haha

I don't really get why you guys are going on a date. You're obviously not too impressed with her and she doesn't seem that crazy about you. What's the point? The first date should be something you're both excited about. I mean you've found some glaring incompatibilities before you've even met her. Shoot for higher than this! haha

Well hell bells, ain't nothin better gonna happen for me this week. So might as well, right?

Go and have fun and then you can post in the bad dates forum about how annoying your date was. The food is good at that place and the band might be good too, but I do not have too many hopes that the date will go that well. Of course, I may be wrong and she may be wonderful in person.

Okay, the date is not happening, we can't even hold a damn IM chat without her starting to make accusations about my conversational skills. I mean, I know I'm not the smoothest talker, but I can at least talk about normal things for 10 minutes before bringing up all the character flaws I see in a person. What does that say about her conversational skills?

So in the end I told her she was a poor follower of The Secret, cause if all she can think about is the negatives in people, then karma will bring the negativity back to her.

It sounded more like a meet up for sex than a date so it's probably a good thing in the long run.

Oh I can just imagine all the critiques I'd be getting then. "Why isn't the condom on? Why isn't the condom on? Why haven't you gotten the condom on yet? You have cerebral palsy. Your fingers made of scissors! OMG, why can't you get it up? You have erectile dysfunction. You're annoying. OMG, you are putting your clothes on and walking out the door! You reversely interpret linear time!"

• 2 weeks later...

It appears the story is not yet ended.

Date: Sep 4, 2008 1:04 AM

When you asked me if I was good as massages, was that going where I think it was going?

Date: Sep 4, 2008 5:50 PM

STRICTLY MASSAGING AND THAT'S IT!!! Since you got no experience... it's ok... I'll pass. I still need one though.

Date: Sep 9, 2008 3:55 AM

So which part of you needs massaging the most?

Date: Sep 9, 2008 8:12 PM

OMG... not only you can't massage or have no experience... you are clueless too....

Let me spell it out for you...

C L I T !!!!!!!!

Archived