Has anyone ever seen this!!!!

ATLstudent

Question of physical apperance, Im 22 and have wrinkles/crowsfeet, they get longer and longer and have left some well defined lines on my face when im not smiling, at my age, i have a few well etched lines on my face, my face should be pretty smooth at this age i thought. Literally everyone i know and see that is my age has much younger looking skin, i have yet to find anyone with my problems, do i have a diease, my organs must be rotting, whats going on! Over the last two and a half years my skin has gotten so old, and its made depression a daily battle, its really hard on me to be aging like this. Does anyone know how this feels or seen it before. Like in normal pictures now, i can see the lines on my face, like an oldman!!

Hi -- allow me to share some very basic advice. What you are describing is chronic dehydration. You can put all the moisturizer you want on the outside of your skin, and you will see practically zero results -- unless you moisturize from within. You should be drinking a MINIMUM of 3 litres of water per day. PURE WATER. NOT JUICE, NOT COFFEE, NOT FLAVORED WATER. WATER ONLY. If you are consuming soda, diet soda, artificial sweeteners, lots of meat and lots of dairy, your skin will show this also. PLEASE get yourself the following book: "Your Body's Many Cries For Water" by Dr. Batmanghelij. It will change your life. If you smoke, STOP. Drink, drink, drink water. Good Luck!

Just a thought - my boyfriend's Dad had wrinkles (or smile lines) at 19, and I know a few youngies that have crows feet etc etc. How young were your parents when they got their first lines?

If the moisturiser doesn't work (and get a good quality FACE moisturiser - I like Olay) then maybe its just genes> My boyfriend has crows feet and a few lines and hes 27.

Eliana's right in regards to drinking plenty of water. My trainer says 2 litres is healthy, but as she has said, drink what you can you don't have to be too exact with it, and you don't want to be running to the loo every 5 minutes!

Good luck!

xox

Do you smoke? Do you drink? How much sleep do you get? Do you spend a lot of time in the sun? The wrinkles are caused by the collagen under your skin breaking down. This is caused by aging and lifestyle factors. At your age, I think if you changed your lifestyle it should fix the problem and collagen will regenerate. You could also ask the dermatologist for prescription strength retinol which has been proven to help in the rejuvenation of collagen.

I have moisturized twice a day since I was in my early twenties. I am now over 50 and have very few wrinkle or laugh lines. I have also avoided laying in the sun since I was a teenager (I live in California and I got in the habit of only going to the beach at night). When I was younger, all of my friends teased me for being so pale(I am very fair), but now, they are jealous of my complexion. It is not to late for you to start a healthy moisturizng routine. You will be glad you did.

The thing is since 20 these lines have been creeping up and in response i now live a very heathly lifestyle, with plenty plenty of water, and exercise. Dont smoke, hardly drink anymore, used moisturizer, for last two years, and used retinol cream for the last three months, NOthing is working, simply, something is wrong on the inside, that is making my skin deteorate at a young age, it really sucks to because it seems irriversible

If this is the case then it is possible there is an underlying medical condition. It never hurts to go to a primary care physician on top of a dermatologist to rule out other health conditions that could be causing premature wrinkles. Simply googling might not help with all of the hype of wrinkle treatments out there. I am not saying there is anything seriously wrong since I am not a physician but just saying it doesn't hurt to get it checked out.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress!

Archived