21 and the worst I've ever felt...

DakotaSkye

Thank you jtracy =) I'm definitely working on trying to see myself as a beautiful person, with or without the scars. I think seeing the drastic reduction in my acne or the last couple days has really empowered me. It's now easier to see the light at the end of the tunnel when I actually see improvement based on conscious changes I've made. For a while there I was telling myself, "I don't even care if the scars never go away as long as this acne goes away." It seems that the acne was really compounding the problem. The red, angry marks just brought out all the other imperfections and made it difficult for me to assess the scars for what they really were. I'm sticking to what I said; if they never fade, I think I'll be ok. And if I continue what I'm doing (eating lots of fruits and vegetables, taking supplemental vitamins, and exercising) I can control the acne and hopefully prevent future scars. I now feel like there's hope. It's a good feeling.

You make it sound like you are deformed, yet in your picture you're very pretty and your skin is clear as the sky on a summer day!

I know you said that your skin looks different when the photo is taken from above, but from what I've seen of both the pictures you have up, it really doesn't look bad. I don't think it can have changed that dramatically when taken from a different angle.

Anyway, if you arn't satidfied with your skin, I reccomend a book called "The Skin Type Solution". It will cost less than one of your jars of cream, and it gives you a quiz that allows you to determine your skin type, then reccomends beauty products, washes and other tips depending on what type of skin you have.

Its by Leslie Baumann, M.D.

You make it sound like you are deformed, yet in your picture you're very pretty and your skin is clear as the sky on a summer day!

I know you said that your skin looks different when the photo is taken from above, but from what I've seen of both the pictures you have up, it really doesn't look bad. I don't think it can have changed that dramatically when taken from a different angle.

Anyway, if you arn't satidfied with your skin, I reccomend a book called "The Skin Type Solution". It will cost less than one of your jars of cream, and it gives you a quiz that allows you to determine your skin type, then reccomends beauty products, washes and other tips depending on what type of skin you have.

Its by Leslie Baumann, M.D.

Thank you, I really appreciate the advice. I will definitely look into that book. It sounds like it could definitely help me out.

And thank you very much for the compliment. I'm sure my mind is definitely making it worse than it really is.

Archived