How about if your parents tells you to hit back the opponent

yeawutever

What if it's one of your parents that from your childhood through adulthood teaches you/tells you to hit back then guess you can't be blame totally. Sorry but that's me, if the person hits firsts, too bad I respond then. This all comes from my father that would tell me ''Beat the hell out of that bastard that lays one hand on you, get anything if possible''. His father would pretty much tell him the same, he was like ''Son it doesn't matter if he's bigger or stranger than you, beat him with anything''.

oh but then you become a bad person yourself, this is why Jesus asked us to turn the other cheek when someone hits you. So you yourself don't become a polutted evil person/soul.

You see you cannot fight evil with evil, because the result is only MORE evil, you can fight evil only with love.

Your father tells/teaches you these things because he is filled with negativity and aggression. My life lesson is: Negativity leads to nowhere in life, there's nothing for you to gain in it.

So do you become a better person by hitting them? No , but its hard to deal with negativity, you shouldn't allow it in your life, you need to push it out. The moment you become part of it you become miserable yourself too. Karma is like a boomerang that will hit the person back in the head at one point, that's why its pointless to hit that person, because in the end that person will get an accident or disease that will give him the same amount of pain/misery as they caused you. The universe has a sort of 'delayed' justice system, but everything works out in the end. So why bother to hit others if you become miserable of it in the end?

When you hit you are making a choice, NOT the person that told you to hit. Little children like 2 are not entirely responsible for the choices they make. Any child older than 3 or so KNOWS what is right or wrong and that there should be consequences. Now that is a model senerio, most people raised properly know this. If you are told to be violent, maybe as a kid you are not entirely responsible, however, when you get to be a certain age and can read and observe what other people do and you KNOW there are other ways, then you ARE reponsible. EVERY adult is responsible for choices unless clinically insane. I think there are a lot of people out there that just do not like consequence. Hands are for helping, not hitting.

99% of the time you can make the choice to walk away. Everything is a choice wether it be action or inaction. I think what she is saying here is that you can not be blamed for actions you do because of the way you were brought up. That is crap, you are responsible and as an adult you can chose to change how you behave.

Sometimes you have to hit back, but most of the time you have to pick your battles. You have to decide if it's really worth it.

If you give people that impression, whether you're male or female, they will take advantage, and one day you may fight back with the wrong person.

I agree with these points...well said.

My dad never encouraged fighting..and do to sports growing up i would never fight because i would get suspended and not be able to play but my dad always told me never become someones punching bag, meaning, dont fight but protect yourself if you need to.

PS fighting never solves anything either... now a days it gets worse. couple months ago i got in a fight and i ended up getting jumped. I was stabbed twice. Once in the face, once in the back. I still have a visible scar down my face from my ear all the way down to the area of my throat...trust me 99.9 percent of the time fighting is not worth it

now see im going to have to disagree here. self defence is not evil, infact its looked up on in many cultures as a honnerable practise.

the princable of self defence is not about vengance, or retribution... its about defending yourself in whatever forum you can. nothing evil about it.

i wont even start on religion lol

• 3 weeks later...
oh but then you become a bad person yourself, this is why Jesus asked us to turn the other cheek when someone hits you. So you yourself don't become a polutted evil person/soul.

Thanx for your point of view. However sorry to be so bold but I'm atheist so this don't go.

I guess that yes at times retaliating makes you suck down to their level but I have learn that's want to takes some people's peanut size brains to exactly fill some sense into them.

I also heard that the more tolerant and submissive person the worst. How about when ignoring and doesn't work on the other people?

By saying giving the other cheek when the person hits you, that's like saying ''Oh it's ok, I accept your poorly behavior towards, you can do it anytime you want to and I'll never defend myself.

now see im going to have to disagree here. self defence is not evil, infact its looked up on in many cultures as a honnerable practise.

the princable of self defence is not about vengance, or retribution... its about defending yourself in whatever forum you can. nothing evil about it.

i wont even start on religion lol

I agree with this, if someone ever tried to hurt my children or me, I would fight back with every ounce of strength I could find and the law would be on my side.

There is a huge difference between telling your kid to defend themselves and fight back if someone else starts it and telling your kid to use every means available to wail on them and beat the hell out of them. That is basically giving the kid license to kill, right?

Looking at it from that angle then your parent is wrong for telling you to respond in such a way.... but given your age you would have to realize that you would spend time behind bars, not your parent, thereforee you have to think on your feet and end the situation without pushing it into the realm of something potentially more serious.

Archived