Feeling restless

TofuDude

Hello, I am new here and am in need of some advice. I am not very good at describing my problems to others, but here goes.

I have been feeling restless and trapped for much of my life. Thing is, I don't really know what is bothering me. I don't feel enthusiastic about anything, nothing seems to inspire me.

I recently graduated from college and had to move back to my parents house because I have not found a job yet. I don't like being here because it makes me depressed , every second here, I feel like I am slowly dying inside. So now I feel more trapped than before.

My major in college was engineering and people say that it is easy for engineers to find jobs. But I have bombed every interview I was at. I think it is because I have low self esteem, because I never feel confident in my ability to do anything well.

Also I tend to avoid problems because I don't feel that I can handle them. So eveytime I have to approach a new challenge I get really scared.

I don't know what to do, this trapped feeling makes me want to scream at the top of my lungs. All my friends seem to be getting jobs easy enough and I feel like I am being left behind.

Well I ramble on, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Do you prepare for the interviews beforehand? There are some really good websites that offer great advice on this, including sample interview questions. Getting turned down for jobs can be tough on the self esteem, but you only need one yes so don't feel hopeless, it can take awhile.

Have you ever talked to your doctor about the way you've felt for most of your life? A constant lack of enthusiasm about anything could be a sign of depression.

Hey sorry for the late reply.

Yea I've suspected I might have depression, but the negative thoughts seems to come and go. Right now I just feel like I am in chaos, nothing feels stable. I was doing some reading and I think I discovered that I lost my enthusiasm for life because I have lost touch with my values. I guess I am just not the person I want to be.

Archived