Breaking up, NEED STRENGTH

h0pelessr0mantic

Ok well a bunch of you know my story with my boyfriend. I think I might do it tonight, I might be able to break up with him. He was sooo rude to me today, calling me names and blowing up at me for not picking up my phone for an hour. The thing is, I was working and he knows I was working (i have been working the same time for the past 3 months) and I work at a hospital so I can't always pick up my phone. Sometimes he purposely picks fights with me when he is about to do something that he shouldn't. So anways, afterwards he goes out with his friend for 3 hours and I can't reach him. When he comes back he is still rude and upset at me for '" disappearing"for an hour, even though he just did the same thing! then he disappears again for another hour, comes home, is rude to me again, and informs me that he is going to the net cafe. Essentially, this net cafe is right beside a bar that he used to go to and try to meet women from adult internet dating sites at. He also knows that I can monitor his net activities at home..... He left at 9:00pm, and said he would call at 10:00pm. It's 10:46 pm and still no call. I cannot find him and I don't know what he is doing. Furthermore, its ridiculous because he doesn't let me out of the house past 10:00pm! I think I am going to break up with him but I NEED strength. I NEED encouragement, so PLEASSEEEE HELPPPPP!!!!

I also re-read his conversations with those women on dating sites and found out that two of them were.... PROSTITUTES. He was actually considering hiring them, and asked for rates and personal e-mails. I have no idea if he went through with it, but still....i'm sooo sickened!!!!!

I am going to give him until 12:00am to call back, if not, I am ignoring him tomorrow.

but didn't he promise he would be there for you whenever you called and stop calling you names??

honestly, in teh current circumstance, this is entirely irrelevant. he is obviously not someone this enotaloner would want to be hanging around anymore. OP: for support and encouragement remember to have faith in your abilities and gut instinct. what doesnt kill ya makes you stronger/no pain no gain. you can do it!!

Hey girl,

I know it is hard to hear... but this guy is not right. I am a terrible-low-down-dirty-shame guy myself, so I know how we are. OK, maybe not a good comedian, but no man should ever make you stay at home or do anything! Please write back to us, and update... you sound nice, so let's help as much we can. I have been in a * * * * ty situation too, so I would like to help, if possible

honestly, in teh current circumstance, this is entirely irrelevant. he is obviously not someone this enotaloner would want to be hanging around anymore. OP: for support and encouragement remember to have faith in your abilities and gut instinct. what doesnt kill ya makes you stronger/no pain no gain. you can do it!!

That is what he told her in another post.....

In addition to your obvious problems with him, this guy is also abusive. He gives you a curfew of 10:00 every night?! Are you not an adult??? And then it's OK for him to be out whenever he pleases? If you live together, I would have some backup near at hand in case the breakup conversation goes bad. Seriously, I would leave your door unlocked and have some friends lurking outside, just in case. Also, please have someone you can to go to stay with just as a precaution. I just don't like what I'm reading about him in your posts.

You definitely need to leave this guy. It's so obvious why he's picking fights and getting "mad" so he can make a scene and storm out (and really, this is just an act) - so he can go to that internet cafe and continue his on-line activities and set up meetings with other women there. And now you've discovered he's willing to hire prostitutes? You absolutely must leave this man.

unfortunately he called a little after my post, and i stupidly picked up (right now i am seriously kicking myself over this). He has this way of speaking so sweetly, he just calls and says "pookie bear, i'm home, i love you, give me kisses". And then I just turn to jello. However I realize that this relationship is ridiculous and it has to come to an end. I have spoken to my family and friends and they have all agreed to help me. My parents are going to tell him that I went to go live with my uncle and my best friend is going to take my cell phone away so there will be no temptation. I'm just so afraid that i'lll regret this and want him back. but then a part of me is thinking...what is there really to regret?

unfortunately he called a little after my post, and i stupidly picked up (right now i am seriously kicking myself over this). He has this way of speaking so sweetly, he just calls and says "pookie bear, i'm home, i love you, give me kisses". And then I just turn to jello. However I realize that this relationship is ridiculous and it has to come to an end. I have spoken to my family and friends and they have all agreed to help me. My parents are going to tell him that I went to go live with my uncle and my best friend is going to take my cell phone away so there will be no temptation. I'm just so afraid that i'lll regret this and want him back. but then a part of me is thinking...what is there really to regret?

What is it that is so great about this guy that you need some sort of family intervention???

I am breaking up with him next week, most likely monday. I am going to get my belongings from his house this weekend and then I will break it off with him after I have returned home. He has hit me before and grabed and pushed me, so I am sort of afraid. I am still so sickened by the thought of him paying a prostitute for sex when he can't even take me out for dinner! $100 for half an hour full service??? gross! and then he had the nerve to ask her how much a bj was....most likely since he can't afford the full service.

Getting away from him is something that has to be done. You can't think of the times he's so sweet. You have to think of the nasty dark side. The guy has hit you, pushed you, falsely accused you, imposed a curfew on you... no adult woman should be treated that way by a man. Forego any weakness for him and be strong. This is not a time to give in to any begging, pleading, or promises that things will change. That will only be temporary, and he'll just go back to being the nasty, cheating character he is.

Archived