Guys - what is the quickest way for us girls to lose you?

allypally

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never understood that. What, exactly, would someone do to "keep things interesting"? The way I see it, it's either there or it's not.

If you have been dating someone for some time and you stop doing things together the spark will get lost. You have to keep having dates or at least some type of activity that you both enjoy doing together.

^^^^^^^^^if it's within a few weeks and you are constantly telling him you like him, shows you are insecure and clingy. the frequency of calling as you said is good. couple times a week.

ah, let me clarify... just meant like within the first 3-4 dates, expressing that you enjoy his company... not repeatedly saying it or going on about it - I wouldn't like that either.

WAIT A MINUTE! I thought guys liked it if you called???

Not all the time though. I don't want to get a phone call from somebody I just started dating for every little thing that happens during her day.

The following is bad - phone conversations.

10am - my work had free pretzels this morning jealous

noon - guess what I'm getting for lunch

5pm - I had such a bad day today

9pm - hey I havn't talk to you in a while. What's going on

11pm - goodnight

Not all the time though. I don't want to get a phone call from somebody I just started dating for every little thing that happens during her day.

The following is bad - phone conversations.

10am - my work had free pretzels this morning jealous

noon - guess what I'm getting for lunch

5pm - I had such a bad day today

9pm - hey I havn't talk to you in a while. What's going on

11pm - goodnight

No, I don't do that. But I just called the guy I'm dating on my break this morning and invited him over tonite for take out and he said yes.

I'm assuming that is acceptable?????????????? *Please say yes, please say yes* (Allie waits for answer from guys on this one)

Ugh... The whole trying not to be "too clingy" yet "making him feel wanted" is a dance that never seems to end. So often people get turned off if the person they're dating shows too much interest, but as soon as they back down and show little interest, they want you again. I was in a relationship that required alot of work, he didn't want me to leave, but it seemed the more I tried to make the relationship work, the more turned off he was. I then was labled as "clingy".

At what point can a woman feel free to express herself without having to worry about these 'rules'?

No, I don't do that. But I just called the guy I'm dating on my break this morning and invited him over tonite for take out and he said yes.

I'm assuming that is acceptable?????????????? *Please say yes, please say yes* (Allie waits for answer from guys on this one)

Nothing wrong with that. I would like that.

I have somewhat of a feeling that 'spark' is defined differently by gender. Correct me if I'm wrong, but to spark a guy takes not that much effort.... meaning it's easier to spark the guy... I think women put too much thought into it, when just something simple and just a little risque would do the trick... am I on the right track here?

Ugh... The whole trying not to be "too clingy" yet "making him feel wanted" is a dance that never seems to end. So often people get turned off if the person they're dating shows too much interest, but as soon as they back down and show little interest, they want you again. I was in a relationship that required alot of work, he didn't want me to leave, but it seemed the more I tried to make the relationship work, the more turned off he was. I then was labled as "clingy".

At what point can a woman feel free to express herself without having to worry about these 'rules'?

After dating for a while I guess. Once you spend the majority of your free time together just make sure you let him go out with the boys every once and a while and you won't be clingy.

I have somewhat of a feeling that 'spark' is defined differently by gender. Correct me if I'm wrong, but to spark a guy takes not that much effort.... meaning it's easier to spark the guy... I think women put too much thought into it, when just something simple and just a little risque would do the trick... am I on the right track here?

Doesn't have to be sexual. I would like to have a nice breakfast once in a while where we get up a little early and sit and talk before work. That's just me though.

*PHEW*!!! Thanks for answering!

See now I am having the complete opposite problem with this girl I'm dating. Everytime I call her to go out she agrees but she is yet to call me first. When we go out I know she is into me but a few days after the date I start thinking why can't she initiate a phone call and I start to wonder if she's into me. You know what though I think it actually makes me want her more because I am always uncertain if she is into me.

I totally agree... and these rules change depending on the guy and his 'clingy-ness factor'. This alone can be exhausting.

See now I am having the complete opposite problem with this girl I'm dating. Everytime I call her to go out she agrees but she is yet to call me first. When we go out I know she is into me but a few days after the date I start thinking why can't she initiate a phone call and I start to wonder if she's into me. You know what though I think it actually makes me want her more because I am always uncertain if she is into me.

Well, we have seen each other 8 out of the past 18 days, so I felt pretty comfortable calling him. And he chills with his friends every Sunday and Monday and I don't mind.

So far things are sooooooo good! But I do call him occasionally if I want to invite him over!

Well, we have seen each other 8 out of the past 18 days, so I felt pretty comfortable calling him. And he chills with his friends every Sunday and Monday and I don't mind.

So far things are sooooooo good! But I do call him occasionally if I want to invite him over!

Someone's in love, your counting days. Good for you.

I've got a great idea for the guys and the gals: Why not just be yourself? If you are compatable, that will be enough. If you are basically not on the same wavelength, it will come out sooner or later. Never, never, go against your natural personality! Can you imagine having to maintain an act for years? Yuck!

It depends on the man and how confident he is. Problems can occur if his perception is that the relationship is progressing too quickly, but ask yourself the question, would you really want to be with a man that was that insecure anyway.

Cheating, being abusive (verbally or physically) are obvious one's. In general if I feel bad about myself when I'm around you or we're constantly arguing whenever we're together then you're probably not someone I want in my life.

Maybe I'm weird but, as long as I'm attracted to the girl, clingyness doesn't turn me off at all. I find it flattering.

Archived