Second date advice...

Godwin

Say you go on a first date with a stranger. You have a great night, good conversation, laughs, flirting etc

When do you think its appropriate to mention a second date???

I normally go down the text route, ie I text the next day to say "Had a great night, would love to do it again sometime."

A co-worker at work reckons you should probably do it on the ACTUAL night, perhaps in an open ended manner "Had a great time tonight, would be good if we could see each other again, I will text you..." or similar.

What are peoples thoughts on this? Do you think it puts pressure on the date?

It's not exactly important that you ask then, but it is def. important that you make her / him realize you had fun... This way later you can say "i really did have a lot of fun, we should do it again sometime

I suppose, I guess I over analyse things.

Maybe a "I had a great night, really enjoyed your company". Then perhaps a follow up email to ask if they would like to do it again?!?

What have others went for? Any REAL-LIFE experiences?

i talk about it the same night near the end. or i tell them i had a great time and we should go out again. but i'd say i'll call them.

I think its reasonable to discuss it on the date, nearer the end.

If they're not interested then you would soon get the vibe.

This is coming from a girl's perspective . . .

If I'm having a great time with the guy on our first date, I'd prefer to have him ask me for the second date by the end of the 1st date. If anything, either email or send the girl a text right after the date to say you had a great time and that you'd like to do it again.

This is coming from a girl's perspective . . .

If I'm having a great time with the guy on our first date, I'd prefer to have him ask me for the second date by the end of the 1st date. If anything, either email or send the girl a text right after the date to say you had a great time and that you'd like to do it again.

Thanks for the advice, do any other girls have any thoughts???

Archived