• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stop looking or hoping or even expecting someone. Just know that someone will find thier way to you soon. Dont hold any doubts in your head because from your posts thats all it sounds like. Only imagine recieving the end result

Doubts? Oh yes, I have doubts. If you had dated as much as I have, you would lose hope that any attractive, sane and successful people exist !!!

I do have hope and that is why I still meet people and keep going out.

somebody is going on a cruise for their b-day. that's awesome. expensive though.

Well, we are all attorneys, so we can afford it once a year. Some of us have more money than others, but where there is a will, there is a way...now if I could just meet someone sane....

The last guy I met a couple of weeks ago...who I thought was cute and fun, ended up telling me how he likes to be tied up and penetrated with strap-ons...and this was the first time I had met him.

Imagine what else he is going to say on the second date?

Well, we are all attorneys, so we can afford it once a year. Some of us have more money than others, but where there is a will, there is a way...now if I could just meet someone sane....

The last guy I met a couple of weeks ago...who I thought was cute and fun, ended up telling me how he likes to be tied up and penetrated with strap-ons...and this was the first time I had met him.

HOLY CRAP, I almost peed my pants reading that one!

ycmanvs, you should consider giving us 30 yo's a shot. We're not as bad as you might think!

HOLY CRAP, I almost peed my pants reading that one!

ycmanvs, you should consider giving us 30 yo's a shot. We're not as bad as you might think!

Well, the guy in the previous post is 32, so that is why I am saying that the young ones are wacky, at least around these parts. Actually, in my experience, most people in this area are a little "too" liberated. Since I've done my share of experimenting when I was younger, who am I to judge them?

However, that is not what I am looking for right now.

i have to agree with the 'dont look so hard' advice. I find that when I'm constantly looking, i never find anything and its almost like a chore trying to find someone. but when i just sit back and relax and talk to people without expecting too much, things tend to happen more.

I wish I would have been a fly on the wall to see your face when he told you that one LOL.

It is tough and frustrating to meet people..even when you live in a large city.

Well, I live on the East Coast in a College town, so the age is 18-24 for the most part, no matter where we go. The older crowd does not really exist. There are no single people in my age group, unless they have some serious damage.

This sounds similar to my prob...tho I am older. I was told recently by friends here that I need to put myself out there more. I can relate to you on this.

But I don't have any advice different than the previous posters.

This sounds similar to my prob...tho I am older. I was told recently by friends here that I need to put myself out there more. I can relate to you on this.

But I don't have any advice different than the previous posters.

How old are you? Perhaps if you asked out younger women, you would be able to find dates.

You need a concrete plan to make "looking" work. Make a list of qualities you demand in a mate, go online and only answer ads without pictures so you are not influenced by looks alone. Only respond to people that fit your list of qualities, no others. Meet them without expectations. Ignore looks completely and focus on your list of qualities. I did this and found my life mate within six months. We seldom disagree on anything, we are extremely fond of each other, we are very compatible in and out of bed, and we share the same likes, dislikes, and hobbies, though we are both independent and each do somethings on our own without our partner. In short, I stopped looking for looks and concentrated on what I really needed. We have been together through thick and thin for nine years now. Try this and watch it work.

You need a concrete plan to make "looking" work. Make a list of qualities you demand in a mate, go online and only answer ads without pictures so you are not influenced by looks alone. Only respond to people that fit your list of qualities, no others. Meet them without expectations. Ignore looks completely and focus on your list of qualities. I did this and found my life mate within six months. We seldom disagree on anything, we are extremely fond of each other, we are very compatible in and out of bed, and we share the same likes, dislikes, and hobbies, though we are both independent and each do somethings on our own without our partner. In short, I stopped looking for looks and concentrated on what I really needed. We have been together through thick and thin for nine years now. Try this and watch it work.

My very good friend, who just last week got engaged to a girl he met on link removed 1.5 years ago, was listening to me complain about dating, finding the right girl, etc. This is what he did and he's is going to help me getting started on mine this weekend!

I am very much business oriented. So is he. He created a "Dating Plan" similar to a "Business Plan". Outlined what he wanted, desiresd must haves, can't stands, flags to look for, places to go, etc etc etc. He also created a war board that he hung in his apartments. After work with nothing to do he would have a couple of glasses of wine, work on the war board and continuously up-date and refine his Dating Plan. The war board was like something you'd see in a BIG conference room - a marker board with strategies, plans, formulas etc.

If nothing else, it is something fun to do to see what you come up with. For him, and hopefuly for me, it was a HUGE tool in helping him learn about himself, learn about his perfect mate, learn where things went wrong in his past relationships, and determine how it would only be upward and onward for him.

ycvms, considering you're an atty, I assume you are business oriented. Maybe you could give this a shot???

It sounds great "in theory" but in practice it does not work so well. I am a very visual person, so if I do not find a guy physically attractive, there is not way that I could be with him. I have plenty of male friends who would make excellent husbands, but there is no way that I would ever have sex with them.

As far as having a strategy...I am trying to have one, but I cannot force someone to like me as much as I like them and vice versa. I am open, honest, etc. If the guys want to keep in touch with me and get to know me, I am all for it....but more often than not, they are more concerned with sex.

How old are you? Perhaps if you asked out younger women, you would be able to find dates.

yc,

I'm 54, but in good health, decent income, and have all my hair and teeth! LOL!

It's just the geography of this area, poulation decline, and a very strong Catholic presense that make it tough for finding single women to date.

How Young is too young for a man my age?

yc,

I'm 54, but in good health, decent income, and have all my hair and teeth! LOL!

It's just the geography of this area, poulation decline, and a very strong Catholic presense that make it tough for finding single women to date.

How Young is too young for a man my age?

They say that you divide your age by 2 and then add 7, so I guess that would make it 34.

I recently dated a guy who was 53. I really liked him, but it did not go anywhere, so age really was not the issue.

They say that you divide your age by 2 and then add 7, so I guess that would make it 34.

I recently dated a guy who was 53. I really liked him, but it did not go anywhere, so age really was not the issue.

That is interesting information. Using this I could date a 28 year old. I am not sure what I would have in common with a 28 year old female.

Dating at 43 has not been anything like I thought it would. I am experiencing the same difficulties as a lot of you. It is tough to meet people and online dating has been disheartening.

I hope you all have better luck than I am having!!

That is interesting information. Using this I could date a 28 year old. I am not sure what I would have in common with a 28 year old female.

Dating at 43 has not been anything like I thought it would. I am experiencing the same difficulties as a lot of you. It is tough to meet people and online dating has been disheartening.

I hope you all have better luck than I am having!!

No luck at all. I have gone on at least 30 first dates in the past 8 months. I think I have exhausted the list of available people. Now that my standards are higher, I find myself not liking anyone.

No luck at all. I have gone on at least 30 first dates in the past 8 months. I think I have exhausted the list of available people. Now that my standards are higher, I find myself not liking anyone.

See, I look at that differently. You have gone on 30 dates in the last 8 months. To me, that isn't too bad. At least you are going out. I know, I know, 30 first dates and no second dates doesn't add up well.

See, I look at that differently. You have gone on 30 dates in the last 8 months. To me, that isn't too bad. At least you are going out. I know, I know, 30 first dates and no second dates doesn't add up well.

Everyone seems so excited to meet me before they actually do...and then after they do, I never hear from them again. Of course, most of them I don't want to see again anyway, so that may have something to do with it.

Everyone seems so excited to meet me before they actually do...and then after they do, I never hear from them again. Of course, most of them I don't want to see again anyway, so that may have something to do with it.

Yeah, I suspect they may pick up on that vibe!

I hope you find what you are looking for!

Where do you live? Wanna go out? LOL! Problem solved for both of us....J/K.

Archived