What to about a long broken heart?

Also, given that I'm so broken up over this - do you think I should seek professional counseling? Is this even something a psychologist could help with?

I don't know. I'm not a psychologist.

You sound pretty well adjusted outside of this one issue, but anybody who "cries and cries and cries" over something that happened two decades ago has to think about what that's really about.

You sound pretty well adjusted outside of this one issue, but anybody who "cries and cries and cries" over something that happened two decades ago has to think about what that's really about.

C asked me why I am so hard on myself for something that happened so long ago. I told her that I thought the length of time that had passed was irrelevant. What is relevant is that this is the first opportunity I've had since the breakup to say I'm sorry. For me, it is like the breakup just happened. So, maybe if I just give myself another two weeks and try to think of other things, it would pass and then maybe I would be able to see C's name written somewhere and it wouldn't make me cry?

The other thing that is weird is that if M contacted me and said this crazy * * * * that i am saying to C, I would ask her not to contact me again. I would totally de-friend and block her. And I don't get why C isn't doing that. I'm sort of afraid she will which would be like when she stopped talking to me completely in 1989.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm over the top scary crazy. But I would have very little patience for my behavior if I were her. Then again, that's why I don't contact gfs who did me wrong.

Hi,

I think that C means she has perhaps already forgiven you. Maybe not said out loud but in her heart. Remember actions speak louder than words.

Think about it. It may bring you some peace.

At the same time, you might also want to go back and forgive yourself. Forgiveness is not something you do for someone else. You do it for yourself so you're not carrying things around re-feeling them again and again and again.

Archived