I don't know how to be alone

lonelyandblue

As in, I have never really lived on my own outside of living at a college dorm for one semester. How sad is that? So I am in an unhappy relationship and think I should look into it because both of us are unhappy. My only obstacle really is bad credit, that I am looking into repairing myself. Any advice?

As in, I have never really lived on my own outside of living at a college dorm for one semester. How sad is that? So I am in an unhappy relationship and think I should look into it because both of us are unhappy. My only obstacle really is bad credit, that I am looking into repairing myself. Any advice?

First of all - wise move on your part. It takes a big person to realize that they might need to be by themselves awhile to develop before committing themselves to a relationship they may not be suited for, for the time being.

Second of all, what is your situation with things?

- Age (teen, post-teen / early twenties, early thirties, etc)?

- Economical Location (small town, city, metropolis, country)?

- Education Level?

- What are your needs (i.e.- Do you require internet, a chevette or hummer, etc)?

Things like this will be much more helpful in mulling over some possibilities with your situation.

I am in my late twenties, in a medium town 45-60,000 people, with smaller towns around it. I have an associates degree working towards my bachelor's degree. I need a place to live, the essentials, electricity, water, food, the internet (since I go to online school). And a car that doesn't have to be perfect. Thanks you kind of got me thinking. Wow, I feel lame, but thanks to everyone responding. I guess I am just insecure and need to reach out sometimes. Thanks again.

I am in my late twenties, in a medium town 45-60,000 people, with smaller towns around it. I have an associates degree working towards my bachelor's degree. I need a place to live, the essentials, electricity, water, food, the internet (since I go to online school). And a car that doesn't have to be perfect. Thanks you kind of got me thinking. Wow, I feel lame, but thanks to everyone responding. I guess I am just insecure and need to reach out sometimes. Thanks again.

No problem - we all have those times. ...Some worse than others.

Keep this in mind... You neglected to mention anything about work, etc. Depending on how immersed you are with a career at present, you might consider taking your credits and transferring them into a 4-year accredited university and find a job on campus. Talk to your office of administration about this. Also, discuss possible FAFSA and various campus incentives regarding student loans (the ones you have to pay back) and student grants (the ones you don't have to pay back). If I were you, I would look for a nice little house for rent for around 300 to 400. It wouldn't be the best sort of place, but you could probably get by on a $10/hr. job with that, and with various school labs, etc, you wouldn't even have to get any sort of internet at the house. Heck, with all the coffee shops nowadays and with Starbucks now offering 2 free hours a day for their internet service, you could practically get by without even a phone - but I wouldn't advise jumping that far just yet.

Depending on which state you're in, you can still get some Federal assistance if you get your FAFSA in, so you'd have to be brain dead or just lazy to not take advantage of that. Lastly, check out the "link removed" too.

Lastly, and this is the most important; if you get into an actual campus, you should consider signing up for a few sessions at the campus counseling center. This will unlock doors with which you never even knew existed - depending on how good your counselor is, of course. Most (if not all) universities have Ph.D.s for their counseling staff, so you should have a good person either way. Sometimes they offer group counseling, too, with fun activities and neat ways to meet people from different facets of academia.

Just realize that your in the roughest patch of your life right now. The twenty-something years are always tough, especially starting out in the real world. I'm 25, have a B.S. in Information Technology and I'm unemployed. Guess what? I'm going back to school in January for English Composition with a minor in Creative Writing! HA! Is that not proof enough?

Anyhoo, check out those things I mentioned. Look in the student newspapers for rooms or apartments, etc. Now might be a good time to check some out since school just started. Ask some students around to see if they know of any decent paying on-campus jobs, too. If you're supporting yourself or maintain independent-status, you should be eligible for some sort of assistance.

Oh, btw - call 1-800-4-FED-AID. It's the FAFSA line.

They have almost no wait times.

Archived