I've been single for too long!

Konfetkette

Ok

"You're a beautiful girl"

"You're so pretty"

"You have a great body"

If I hear these things kind of all the time, why the h., am I still single? You know when was the only time I was asked out? When I was 19...and that was my first and only time. I'm well into 21 now and look, still single and miserable.

I see girls that are not so pretty with hot guys all the time, so obviously looks aren't everything. What keeps you guys from asking a girl out?

I'm old fashioned. I could never ask a guy out.. ever

Old-fashioned ways require patience

Seriously though, it isn't just about looks - maybe you're sending out the wrong signals and body language? When you see a guy you're interested in, what kind of signals or body language do you send his way? Smiling and inviting looks go a long way to sending him the right message...

Ok

"You're a beautiful girl"

"You're so pretty"

"You have a great body"

If I hear these things kind of all the time, why the h., am I still single?

Probably because even from a guys perspective, being attractive is about more then being beautiful, pretty, or having a great body. Either that or you give off a dont approach me vibe and body language. Do you completely avoid eye contact with, not smile at, close your body, cross your arms, frown, turn your back to strangers? lol That could explain it.

Either that or do you get hit on all the time, but you dont like anyone that is hitting on you and translating it to why are you single?

Old-fashioned ways require patience

Seriously though, it isn't just about looks - maybe you're sending out the wrong signals and body language? When you see a guy you're interested in, what kind of signals or body language do you send his way? Smiling and inviting looks go a long way to sending him the right message...

I was thinking that it could be body language. If I see a hot guy, I smile. Like this other day at work I saw this guy (a customer), and I smiled. Then I saw him again and smiled. He checked me out up and down with a straight face, then kept walking. I was like "eh wth?" Things like that happen all the time. It's getting to me to be honest.

Probably because even from a guys perspective, being attractive is about more then being beautiful, pretty, or having a great body. Either that or you give off a dont approach me vibe and body language. Do you completely avoid eye contact with, not smile at, close your body, cross your arms, frown, turn your back to strangers? lol That could explain it.

Either that or do you get hit on all the time, but you dont like anyone that is hitting on you and translating it to why are you single?

I don't avoid eye contact, but I might not be keeping it long enough. What is long enough anyway?

Most guys can smell this (just like women). Big turn off. Work on this and things will change.

I've come a long way since high school. I am not THAT shy but I don't know who would go for me mainly because of lack of experience.

I work at a store and I am not shy there at all. I talk with co workers, smile, laugh... then look at hot guys walking by, you know... so I don't think I send that strong of a signal.

The previous poster was right about low confidence. PRoblem is that often men are the ones who make women so confident...whether it was that rarity, a sweet father, or all the guys who pay attention to them. So its circular. You can try to create it yourself, somehow, I guess but whose kidding who with that idea.

Not if you are kinda "required" to say hello - I think earlier you said you work retail or service or something. If a waitress or sales clerk is friendly to me then I just assume that they are trying to sell me something (that isn't themselves that is)

Alright what if I am not working? ha

There a lot of women that do look attached. It is a long walk away from a pretty girl that shot you down you know. If you work in a place that has a lot of guys going by, men will start to think you are hit on all the time and are sick of it. If you are really pretty/hot guys can think they don't have a shot no matter your smile. Try this: see a guy you like and smile and say hi, keep an eye on him and see if he looks back at you and them smile again and wait till he looks away. If you can, go ask if he needs help finding something and when he leaves make sure you go out of your way to say good bye. If you do that and the guy is interested he will be back in a day or so looking to see if you are working. You don't have to ask them out but you can make it a lot easier to ask you out.

lost

There a lot of women that do look attached. It is a long walk away from a pretty girl that shot you down you know. If you work in a place that has a lot of guys going by, men will start to think you are hit on all the time and are sick of it. If you are really pretty/hot guys can think they don't have a shot no matter your smile.

This is soooo true.

you are deffy not the only one going through this. guys will compliment me all the time. That i am very pretty and that i even look like some hot celebrity! But still they wont ask or take me seroiusly. Or if they do get my number and we talk...it never goes anywhere at all. and I know your probably thinking its my personality , but i honestly think i have a great sense of humor and am very friendly. I always do see whole bunch of other girls in relationships and sometimes i wish i could be in one so bad and have someone really care for me. but i dont know. perhaps the right guy has not come our way yet!!

Ever since I started actually looking at people when I shop, I noticed how different some couples look. I see a LOT of hot guys with not so hot girls, and the opposite. I hope I am not offending anyone... but it just made me realize that I could get a bf as easily as any of those girls...but I don't have one, so it must be the vibes I'm giving off... grrrrr....

lol! these are the kinds of talks me and my best friend have. We are both very attractive girls but somehow can not get involved in a relationship! Maybe i should be a big time B**ch, maybe guys will like me more then. lol. I see all my other friends already in long term relationships, others planning on having babies, planning for the future and they're all in love and blahhh.. lol great!

Archived