Am I rushing into something?

miricra

There's no right answer here at all. The key though is to be respectful and fair to all parties involved, and also to be true to your feelings. If that "still thinking about" the ext thing is legit, and you still have intense feelings for her, then they aren't likely to go away easily. You may not be able to offer what you should be offering to your girlfriend.

If they are more in the range of fond memories then that's different. That's pretty healthy I think. It just means that you are capable of creating long-lasting, fantastic memories with someone else, the kind that are difficult to forget. Nothing at all wrong with that.

I'm about to move in with my gf of 7 months who I care about very much, but at this same time I still care about my ex very much and think about her a lot. Is this a bad sign? We broke up over a year ago

It sounds like you still "love" your ex. If that is the case moving in and leading on your gf seems cruel.

I'm about to move in with my gf of 7 months who I care about very much

Define "care" as far as your feelings towards her. If you just "care" about her and do not love her then I would not suggest moving in with her. You need to have a REALLY strong relationship with your significant other before you even attempt living together with them.

but at this same time I still care about my ex very much and think about her a lot

This is a HUGE red flag that your mind is throwing up. If you still "care" about your ex then that is fine. What I am getting out of this is that you are not over your ex and you are quite possibly still in love with her. I would really re-think your decision to live with your current GF for a long time before you actually make that moce with her. If you move in with her then you are stuck with making one of two decisions, either try and rid of any emotional feelings towards your ex girlfriend (which is near impossible to do anytime soon) or, lose your current GF once she gets wind that you are still not over your ex.

Is this a bad sign? We broke up over a year ago

Well how long were the two of you together? Why did it end? Was it on her terms or yours? Also, how old are you, your ex GF and your current GF? What are your current GF's feelings towards you? Has she mentioned that she loves you?

There are a lot of details that we would need to be able to give somewhat accurate advice. I really hope the best for both parties involved but in the end, it's ultimately up to you to decide which decision is best not only for yourself but for your current relationship.

Best of luck

We were together for two years. I ended it because she just wasnt emotionally ready to settle down and we were having trouble communicating. Im 26, she was 24.

I know she feels the same way as we recently got back in touch. She is with someone else too, but its still in the early stages.

So you just said your not over your ex but your ready to settle down, so your rushing things with your current gf, yes! Why? Because you want to settle down, so your moving things at a faster pace because you feel you don't want to waste another 2 years and not settle down.

We were together for two years. I ended it because she just wasnt emotionally ready to settle down and we were having trouble communicating. Im 26, she was 24.

I know she feels the same way as we recently got back in touch. She is with someone else too, but its still in the early stages.

Well my suggestion for you is to get back out of "touch". You need to give yout GF a fair chance and there is no need for you to keep in touch with your ex GF. The chances of you and your current GF having a successful relationship is much better if you do not talk to your ex GF at ALL.

Think about it. What good can possibly come of you and your ex GF talking? Absolutely nothing. The only thing that you talking to your ex GF is doing is slowing not only yours but your ex's relationship down. It is not fair to either of your relationships for the two of you to be talking. If you guys have that strong of feelings for each other then sorry but, what the heck are you doing in another relationship? I don't know about your current GF but I would not tolerate my GF talking to her most recent ex BF because in my opinion, that guy already had a chance to make my GF happy and he blew it. His shot is over and he needs to move on. Nothing good would come of them talking to each other.

Archived