confidence

misstubehead

what would you do to boost your confidence?! when i am wit groups of ppl, who i know or dont know i get a twitch and just get really nervous and wont really say much or interact because im to worried bout what they may think. Also due to a rocky childhood i get really scared when random men talk to me

You are nervous because you do not believe in yourself. You clam up because you feel as if you are not worthy. Your childhood probably had much to do with it. You end up dwelling constantly on those negative thoughts, making you incapable of relaxing and speaking freely.

If I were you, I would work on my my self esteem and my self worth. The way you see yourself is reflective of the way others will see you. You need to be able to look at yourself in a positive light, that way others will see you in a positive light.

You may consider therapy, but I would first start with getting out there by taking risks and doing things you would not normally do. Examples such as saying "hi" and initiating conversations with those you know and those you don't know. You have fears which need to be faced head on and ultimately overcome.

Read books, lots of them. Motivating stories, success stories and a multitude of other similar books. Then see the change you want to be.

There are plenty of sites out there to help you, one I subsribe to is link removed

It's not easy to overcome a lack confidence, it will be a long and arduous journey and you will constantly second guessing yourself if it is worth the trouble. Though let us be honest here, there isn't much you can't achieve if you have an abundance of confidence and why is that? Because you've already passed the first hurdle of doubting whether you are capable.

As with many things in life, your path to confidence is very different from mine or anyone elses. You need to find your own way down that path, find what works for you. If you try as much as you possibly can there is bound to be something that works for you. We can only nudge you gently in one direction, whether it pays dividends however is unknown.

You can get anything you want out of life, you just have to want it bad enough.

Best of luck

Archived