lying about getting household chores done

gracerules2008

Ladies would you consider it a deal-breaker if you caught your boyfriend in a lie red handed? Does it depend on what he lies about?

I have a bad habit of telling what I call "white lies" myself or "little lies" when I'm afraid that the truth will upset somebody.

For example if I'm living with my girlfriend and she asks me "grace did you do the dishes?" and I say "yes" and then 10 seconds later she looks in the sink and sees the dishes still piled up to high heaven.

How many women would get ticked off in that scenario? Would that warrant an automatic breakup? Not just lying about dishes but if your boyfriend has a bad habit of lying about getting household chores done.

Not just lying about dishes but if your boyfriend has a bad habit of lying about getting household chores done.

I don't get it. Why would you lie about something where all she has to do is look over your shoulder and see the truth? I think the worry for me would be that you are lying about things you have no hope of getting away with...and that suggests some pathological inclination to lie, with a touch of "How stupid do you think I am?"

It would be an automatic break up for me if this happened alot. In my opinion a person who lies knowing that he/ she will get caught shows that they don't care if they do get caught, which leads me to believe that there are other lies/ things I don't know about.

It would be an automatic break up for me if this happened alot. In my opinion a person who lies knowing that he/ she will get caught shows that they don't care if they do get caught, which leads me to believe that there are other lies/ things I don't know about.

Maybe I want to get caught because I need help to go free from this habit. I'm not happy when I lie.

Maybe I want to get caught because I need help to go free from this habit. I'm not happy.

Why put her through the stress of dealing with your lies b/c you want to change? why not just change yourself and keep her happy?

i had a boyfriend once who used to do the same thing, and yes, it got to be so much that we broke up eventually. i hate it. i always woudl tell him "if you think you're going to be in trouble, don't lie, b/c then you'll be caught and in trouble for 2 things"

be a man and be honest.

Archived