Kind of an intimacy problem

Demonblade

My GF and I have been dating for almost 8 months now and I'm having some intimacy troubles with her. I doubt she knows that I am a little troubled and want to talk to her about it.

At the prom (April) she surprised me by kissing me out. It was the first time she had ever actually kissed me rather than it just being a peck on the lips. It was also the only time. I didn't really do anything. I wasn't expecting it at all and I didn't do anything. I've always been a embarrased and a little ashamed by it because I know it was bad. I explained to her at the prom that she took me by surprise, but she didn't try again after that. I want to talk to her about it and I want to actually kiss her rather than little pecks on the lips. But I'm not sure what to say at all, I'm honestly too ashamed and embarrased about it all.

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

honestly, i would feel kind of awkward talking about something like that so i would just go for it. and if she's your girlfriend you shouldn't have any problem. let her know you have some balls by taking the initiative

maybe kiss her when she least expects it. pull the ol' switcheroo (at the right time, of course)

The problem here is I don't think I would be comfortable just going for it. A mutual friend told me AT THE PROM that my GF told her that I'm a horrible kisser. I kinda want to talk to her about it first.

Also, I'm not really sure when would be the right time. She hates chick flicks, I have no job and no car. She hates being intimate in public as well.

I"m not quite sure I understand. So the two of you went to prom together, where she tried to kiss you but it didn't go so well, but you started dating anyway. And now you've been together 8-months and haven't really kissed?

If this is correct then she obviously likes you enough to stay with you, despite this kissing "problem." You're in a relationship and relationships are all about communication. I don't think you need an excuse to kiss her and if you want to talk to her, then do so. Approach her with something like: "I know I'm not a very good kisser but I'd like to get a lot better. Would you mind showing me how YOU like to be kissed? I just want to make you happy..."

See how she reacts. If she reacts negatively to you opening yourself up like this, then maybe she isn't really worth it...

I"m not quite sure I understand. So the two of you went to prom together, where she tried to kiss you but it didn't go so well, but you started dating anyway. And now you've been together 8-months and haven't really kissed?

If this is correct then she obviously likes you enough to stay with you, despite this kissing "problem." You're in a relationship and relationships are all about communication. I don't think you need an excuse to kiss her and if you want to talk to her, then do so. Approach her with something like: "I know I'm not a very good kisser but I'd like to get a lot better. Would you mind showing me how YOU like to be kissed? I just want to make you happy..."

Actually, we started dating in January. The prom was in April (coincidentally held 3 months to the day we started dating). A few days ago she actually told me that she is in love with me and I remember her writing in my yearbook at the end of the previous school year on how I am her only and will always be her only love. (It is rare that she speaks about how she feels)

I can't see her having a problem with me opening up to her like this. Every time I even seem like I'm not happy (even if I am) she asks me what is wrong and tries to get me to open up to her about what is wrong (even when nothing is wrong and I'm just thinking).

Archived