Open Club  ·  26 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

good public/private libraries near Riverside, CA.

LAYAAN

Hello,

I'm in southern CA near Riverside. I want to read more books but I am a student and can't afford to buy books. Where can I get to read books that have featured on eg. Oprah's book club? I joined a public library nearby but they dont have latest books. I tried to join a public library in another city but they won't let me as I live in other area that has a public library closeby, so they said that I should use only that library. Is that true? I'm new to this country.

Thank you for your input.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

I'm in southern CA near Riverside. I want to read more books but I am a student and can't afford to buy books. Where can I get to read books that have featured on eg. Oprah's book club? I joined a public library nearby but they dont have latest books. I tried to join a public library in another city but they won't let me as I live in other area that has a public library closeby, so they said that I should use only that library. Is that true? I'm new to this country.

Thank you for your input.

Hey Tinu,

I live in riverside too & we are very sadly short on libraries. Perhaps you could join a book club or start a book exchange with your friends. sometimes the Starbucks have shelves where people just come in and drop off books and you can swap. Also Amazon has used books now and they are super cheep! I read a lot too, so I know it can get expensive!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived