Are really attractive women also really lonely?

Shudder

I was watching an episode of 2 and half men and charlie sheen's character, said something along the lines of this and I was wondering if it were true. I realize its a TV show, but I also remember a friend of mine saying something similar a few years back.

So I was just wondering how much truth there is to this?

It doesn't matter what you look like. Everyone experiences the same feelings at some time or another. Very attractive women feel jealous, happy, sad, angry, and even lonely. It has nothing to do with being attractive or a woman, it's called life.

Attractive women probably think they're lonely because they only have experience being attractive women, they still have relative ups and downs like normal people but they're only got their own experience to compare it too.

Its like when you see a kid behind a counter looking like they've been working in a salt mine or you listen to some little girl complain about her counter job. They've got minimal experience in anything else so nothing to compare it too.

I think they do get lonely for what they would consider lonely.

This reminds me of a discussion I once had with my mom, who was an attractive woman in her days. We were watching Silence of the Lambs...anyone who knows the movie knows that one of the sub-plots is Jodie Foster, an attractive young woman, is trying to prove herself in the FBI, which is obviously male-dominated. My mom said something like, "You know, sometimes it's hard being a good-looking woman."

I said sarcastically, "Yeah yeah, sure it is..."

"No, I mean it. Men pay attention to you but they don't take you seriously. Sometimes it's impossible to ever show them that you've got brains besides your looks."

That made me think a bit.

That's true, Carmine. You don't even have to be exceptionally good looking. If you take care of yourself, have pretty hair and wear high heels, many men will see you as a sexual object and won't take you as seriously as a plain-looking woman or another man.

I dress very modestly and yet, when I'm trying to talk about work with my colleagues, they're always staring at my body! It gets old fast, trust me.

I work with a few really attractive girls. Usually I forget the fact that they're attractive and think of them as anybody else. Every now and then I'll remember, "Whoa, she's pretty attractive," but I don't show much of a reaction to that thought, lol.

Of course, I don't take these two girls that seriously anyway. Not because of their looks, but because they've shown me that they're...well, not all that smart.

This reminds me of a discussion I once had with my mom, who was an attractive woman in her days. We were watching Silence of the Lambs...anyone who knows the movie knows that one of the sub-plots is Jodie Foster, an attractive young woman, is trying to prove herself in the FBI, which is obviously male-dominated. My mom said something like, "You know, sometimes it's hard being a good-looking woman."

I said sarcastically, "Yeah yeah, sure it is..."

"No, I mean it. Men pay attention to you but they don't take you seriously. Sometimes it's impossible to ever show them that you've got brains besides your looks."

That made me think a bit.

I get that sometimes. I'm more of a tomboy really. I like video games and soccer. So, I end up hanging out with a lot of guys. I run with many circles of people but sometimes have to abandon a circle of friends because one or two of the guys will start hitting on me and it gets awkward....It's also not fair to rip apart a group of guy friends (I never date within the circle because of a bad experience in high school)

You find out who your real friends are pretty fast when they just see you as a person and don't hit on you. Not saying that the ones that like me can help it and are somehow bad people. But, my three closest guy friends have never had feelings for me. I think that shows me that they look at me differently than most guys would. That deserves some amount of respect.

Let's just say that I found out who my real friends were after my ex and I broke up. I started getting hit on a lot more by "friends" once I was single and it really wasn't what I needed at the time.

Elvis Prestly, the king of rock and roll, has often written about how depressed and lonely he got to the point I think he died from drug poisoning.

Without God inside your heart and having the right spiritual fundamentals, of knowing Christ, studying the Bible, praying and connecting with God on a daily basis and fellowshiping in a church, then you've only got what the world has to offer to fill the spiritual void, which is really distractions to assuguate the pain of being lonely, or a band aid solution - but it doesn't deal with the cause of lonliness which is really spiritual seperation from God.

This is what I believe to be true for everyone, and I think people who have more attention or more publicity have more lonely deep spots where after all the party, good-time or whatever is over and they are by themselves, it hits them like a tonne of bricks.

Plenty of religious people are lonely. Mother Theresa herself had a rough time. People become lonely when they don't feel like other people are interested in who they are, so I imagine plenty of attractive girls feel that way, but no more than anybody else.

I've seen alot of attractive people only associate with other attractive people for that reason, and then wonder why nobody takes them beyond their looks...

I was watching an episode of 2 and half men and charlie sheen's character, said something along the lines of this and I was wondering if it were true. I realize its a TV show, but I also remember a friend of mine saying something similar a few years back.

So I was just wondering how much truth there is to this?

I think there's some truth to this statement. Often, beautiful women can't find dates because men are too intimidated to approach them ... they assume that such an attractive woman MUST have a string of admirers and boyfriends.

There are good looking women who are lonely and not so good looking women who are lonely. Like someone said this is a human trait, it is not isolated to any certain demographic. People always try to make these generalizations and you can't, they are not accurate. There are some attractive women who are lonely but many more who are not.

I'd say if i were to guess there are fewer lonely attractive women than those who aren't lonely.

I also don't buy the "men are intimidated by their beauty" thing. Maybe SOME men are, but there are a lot of men out there who will approach ANY women he finds attractive. If a woman is never getting approached there is something else askew and it isn't because she is "too" pretty. I don't buy that and never have. SOME guy out there WILL approach her.

Archived