I have named the day

I quit last Wednesday. My brain still weakly persists in trying to trick me into compromising my victory, but I ain't havin' it. No how, no way. Is ovah.

Reading this webpage was the best thing I could have done. It helped me to get ready for what was about to come and to know how to cope with it:

link removed

I also bought a bag of baby carrots to munch on when I got the urge to reach for something. Remember, if you can get through just 72 hours, you're physically nicotine-free and over the hump. It gets easier from there on. Don't let your brain BS you - the unsatisfied cravings are no big deal!

Nicotine gum works well actually.

I bought a pack of it and tried it one day, when I ran out of cigs. Kept my craving at bay and I'm a 20+ a day smoker!!

I've heard a lot say it didn't work for them tho, but it did for me.

Of course it kept your cravings at bay. It contains nicotine extracted straight from tobacco plants! But I'll bet you didn't actually kick the habit, did you?

Of course it kept your cravings at bay. It contains nicotine extracted straight from tobacco plants! But I'll bet you didn't actually kick the habit, did you?

Well no because I wasn't looking to kick the habit. I'd merely ran out of ciggies and the shop was closed all day, so I remembered I had the gum and chewed a few pieces of that and I was ok until next day, lol

But I want to quit. I heard there was a new tablet that you can take and after its taken, if you smoke a cigarette, you feel violently sick.

Well no because I wasn't looking to kick the habit. I'd merely ran out of ciggies and the shop was closed all day, so I remembered I had the gum and chewed a few pieces of that and I was ok until next day, lol

But I want to quit. I heard there was a new tablet that you can take and after its taken, if you smoke a cigarette, you feel violently sick.

My mums fiance has had them tablets, after a week of taking them even the smell of cigs makes him feel sick. And he was a 20+ smoker a day for over 10 years, tried everything to quit, nothing but this worked...

All this talking of ciggies makes me want one, but i dont have any lol.

I think I might join you.... But I need a week first.

I started Chantix today for the second time. No urge to take a break at work yet. Going on 6 hours. But I admit, I will when I leave work in 20 minutes. In the next 7 days, I'll make an effort. I'm going to miss it though.......

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't gone postal yet. Gotta do it when ready though.

I think after 5 days of this medicine, I will actively work towards not giving into the temptation.

I just like to smoke darn it. During my breaks at work. During my breaks in the evening on my patio at home. Smoking is such an inconvenience though really...

Well I wish all of the posters here much luck. I know it's a hard habit to break.

My father was a smoker for 40+ years. It wreaked havoc on his health. It was so sad to watch him struggle for a good strong breath and still want a cigarette.

I'll be writing you many pm's when I'm having a hard time with it. 4.5 days - so starting Monday, do ya mind?

Or, maybe since life seems so peaceful now, it will be easier to let go of... It just is an inconvenience but . . . . a habit and part of my routine.

I'll be writing you many pm's when I'm having a hard time with it. 4.5 days - so starting Monday, do ya mind?

Or, maybe since life seems so peaceful now, it will be easier to let go of... It just is an inconvenience but . . . . a habit and part of my routine.

You can pm me anytime ITG.......I'd like to help anyway I can.

Good luck to everyone and please share your ideas and progresses with others so others don't feel so alone in this process.

For those of you that are already doing it! Congrats. With every hour that passes you are that much closer to better health......YAY

After seeing this, have decided my quit date is Sept. 2nd. Can't do it sooner for a variety of reasons, ( not excuses ). Have cut down to 1/2 pack a day, from 2 packs two months ago. The Doc will help me with AD's, which I think I'll need. A friend suggested Commit lozenges, and the patch, which I can get free from the state. I need to quit. Too expensive, and I want to be around for awhile!

Archived