Long Distance Booty Call?

Kat123

So, I am trying to figure out if I just got played for a long distance booty call. Which would seem weird, but you never know. I met a guy on vacation about a month ago. We kissed the last night of my trip, and have been in pretty much constant contact ever since. I've gotten either a phone calls or texts pretty much every day since we met, especially during the last couple of weeks. Everything he has said to me has been exceedingly complementary, and there was a decent amount of relationship-y talk going on from his end. A few weeks ago, he bought a ticket to come out and visit me, and the visit happened this last week. I've been trying to keep this whole thing as just a fun summer fling, but of course, I kind of like the guy. I thought we had a really good time when he was here...he was incredibly affectionate (lots of cuddling, hand-holding at dinner and in the car, things like that), and again, there was a lot of relationship-esque talk going on. There were a few mentions of me coming out to see him (he lives half way accross the country), and some talk about we needed to see how often we would be able to see each other, etc.

After he returned home, I got a night full of text about him missing me already, he wished I was there with him, etc. We also texted the next day a bit. And now I haven't heard from him for two days. Did I just get taken for a cross-country booty call?

I would think it was weird after talking for a month every day that he would fly 1500 miles for this reason. But I never got the feeling that he wasn't in to me when he was out here, so its strange that I haven't heard from him. I would normally say its only two days, not big deal, but I'm used to hearing from him every day.

I would like to keep in touch and possibly see him again at some point, so I don't know what to do. Just let it go and write it off...chaulk it up to a fun weekend fling, or try to initiate some kind of contact just because I have nothing to lose? Advice?

Since it's just two days, he could be sick or crisis at work.

But also he could have played you. You have to be careful with long distance relationships, because the person could have a whole other life where they live that you don't know about (live in girlfriend/wife etc.). Perhaps he flies out to your town for work, and wants some out of town fun and is willing to lie to get it.

I wouldn't assume that is it, but if you don't hear from him soon you might call to find out what is going on. But be suspicious too if he only texts, and you never hear from him on the phone during what would be prime couples time (weekends, evenings).

I've definitely heard from him on the phone, and definitely during the weekends. Actually, he's pretty much only called me for the last two weeks before he came out here. There might have been only 2 days of texts only during this entire time. I'm 99% positive that he has no secret life I don't know about (I would give more details as to how I know this, but if there is any chance he would see this board, he would absolutely know it was me.) I can tell you he is in a service/tourism job, and is basically serving guests 24 hours a day always on the weekends. He's still always found time to call me, but there is chance something was different this weekend.

I don't know. He really struck me as such an honest, decent, really good guy. He's appeared to be almost shockingly honest and upfront with me, even when he didn't really owe me anything. He definitely didn't strike me as one to do a complete disappearing act, which is why I am so surprised by this. Is there a chance he is just waiting for me to get in touch with him? He has initiated 99.9% of the contact thus far...

I don't know. He really struck me as such an honest, decent, really good guy. He's appeared to be almost shockingly honest and upfront with me, even when he didn't really owe me anything. He definitely didn't strike me as one to do a complete disappearing act, which is why I am so surprised by this.

You can't get a good idea of someone in less than 6 months of knowing them. Then at least 2 years of great behavior before being in the clear.

Anyway...it wouldn't be wrong for you to contact him, since he does it 99% of the time anyway.

Thanks all. Everyone I know here thinks I should get in touch with him as well. Everyone also thinks its crazy that he would be so "in to me" for a month, tell me about how much he misses me after he leaves, then do radio silence. Kind of seems like everything is not adding up. Maybe there is something going on with him that i don't know about!

Anyway, think I will text or call tonight. I'm just so old-fashioned about communication. I also think a guy will get a hold of me if he is interested. Guess I need to get over that...I just have gotten myself in trouble before contacting guys who obviously were not interested, so I'm a little gunshy about it and don't want to seem clingly or anything!

Archived