More Advice Needed ASAP!

Since my ex has been back, we've been texting regularly. Its been good so far. Nobody has said 'I want you back'. Anyways, we IMed today and she said she was feeling like crap. She's really sick she said. Anyways, in typical 'guy' fashion, instead of sympathizing with her, I offered logical solutions. LOL. So..............

I have to work tomorrow morning. She lives 2 blocks away from work. I was thinking about getting her favorite tea, breakfast to go, and a movie, since she said she'll be home all weekend watching movies to get over her sinus infection. I should add the major reason we broke up was she didn't think I cared for her. I took her for granted. We've been broken up for 4 months now. NC for about a month, and LC since. We've had some nice contact since our breakup. What do you guys think? Pushing it? Or nice gesture?

You can get her tea and food or whatever, but act detached still. An occasional smile, but that's it, act like you have a lot on your mind. I still need to know more about the situation, are there other guys involved?

Edit: If she asks what you're thinking about say. "Well, I'm not sure you'd want to know....it's just that, I've been thinking whether I'm a good person or not". Then she'll be like "oh, of course" or some crap. To which you can reply "I can't just SAY I am, I have to prove it to myself, because I don't really know who I am". Then say "*GIRL'S NAME* I want to prove it through being a better boyfriend to you, I want another chance. The tea, the food, everything, I just want to take care of you, I just want to see you well."

Don't go into that dialogue the first time she asks, tell her that you need to deal with this on your own for now and to try asking you again in a few days. This will give her time to think, to wonder and make her imagination run wild, as well as potentially sympathize and start caring for you more.

You can get her tea and food or whatever, but act detached still. An occasional smile, but that's it, act like you have a lot on your mind. I still need to know more about the situation, are there other guys involved?

No other guys involved. Thought there was in the beginning. I was mistaken. Assumed things. My mistake. I do have alot on my mind. But, I'm not wanting to hang out with her. I'm on my way to work remember.

EDIT: I read your edit. Na........I need to keep it light. I can't expect anything in return, nor do I want to get into the conversation. I've made clear my feelings. She told me awhile ago that she would like to 'get to know' me again, but take time because we need to prove to each other we've changed. And true changing takes time. This is part of my changing.

Nice gesture, as long as you can manage to keep it light. Make sure you don't make her feel in any way obligated to reciprocate.

Keeping it light is what I've been doing all along. No problems there. She offered me money when I watched her dog. I refused and told her that when I do something for someone, I don't expect anything in return. I just told her that 3 days ago. So.......she'll have that in her mind. I really don't expect anything in return. Just wanna show her I do care, and do think about that kinda stuff. When we broke up, she really thought I didn't give a crap.

Promises don't have to be empty, just be careful about which ones you make.

Agreed. But the ones I made were so simple to do. And its the little stuff that I didn't do that caused her to think I didn't care. She messed up plenty as well. But I'm here to fix that. Just don't know if its coming on too strong.

It might be kinda cute if you just dropped them on her door step with a note, & maybe sent her a text to go look outside. Sometimes when we feel crappy & dont look our "best" its tough. But this way she knows you care and are giving her a little space at the same time.

Ok, I texted her this morning saying I had some things of hers in my car that I'd drop off on the way to work, picked up the food, and knocked on her door. She answered. I handed her her toilet plunger, a bag of food, the movie, and a glass of OJ. She was surprised. I was all nervous. She said 'you came all the way over here to drop off a plunger?' 'Look at you making an excuse to drop me off this food.' She was all smiles. I made it real quick and told her that I thought it might make her feel better, told her to have a great day, but I needed to go to work. She asked if I really had to go to work. I said 'No, I mean, yes.' She laughed and smiled, thanked me profusely. It felt great. Anyways, I get a text from her a bit later telling me how much she appreciated the thought. I just got off the phone with her, she called me to thank me again. Anyways, I didn't expect much. But the fact that she really appreciated it means alot. Well, I'll wait for her to make the next move.

GHG the brit girl has a line for you to use.....

"Hiya flower. You're right, you do look like crap! But no fear, I'm hear with a box of snot rags, a Jim Carey movie to put a smile back on your chops and your favourite tea. So whack the kettle on, grab your duvet and snuggle up on the couch - preferably naked coz you're sweating like a pig and you've got a bit of puke down the front of your jim jams!"

On a serious note hun, I would be thrilled if someone did that to me. We all feel sorry for ourselves when we're ill, so a little bit of compassion is gonna work in your favour. My ex is still going through his inconsiderate stage, but I'm planning on knocking that out of him. You can get major points by doing this for her. Don't think too much about it just do it, you've got nothing to lose have ya?!

HA HA HA HA! Thanks for the line Stella. I'll use it next time.

Damn, I was nervous, and I know it showed. All the lines I rectied in my head flew out my ears when she opened the door. I almost turned my car right around while driving over there. But then I thought what would I do with all this food. Besides, what does it matter anyways. I already had a breakfast date to go to right after I dropped off her food. She sure acted like she appreciated what I did. We're still not getting together yet. Doesn't matter. I made her day.

Archived