Why is it a turn off that I'm on more than one dating site?

ConfusedDater

Im not familiar with the whole online dating thing but from my perspective, If i saw a person on multiple sites trying to get a date, i would perhaps think they were desperate. However, that's just my opinion..im not judging anyone how they go about meeting people.

Weren't they on the same sites to have notice me on them??-lol

Good point. Did you bring that up to them?

You could have turned it into a light-hearted discussion:

"So you're on that other site too. I guess great minds think alike"

Maybe their concern is that you will be dating multiple women at once and won't take the profiles down or become exclusive, etc.

i did 2 sites at the same time as a sort of 'social experiment.' i did eharmony at the same time as link removed. i got many of the same guys on both sites. i got more matches with link removed, but i feel i got better compatibility with the guys on eharmony. but eharmony is more expensive.

i think it's a really good point that those women must be on 2 sites also to find you! so, they can't really hold that against you.

I've tried most of the major dating sites, but never at the same time. I do remember seeing a few women on 2-3 different sites, and it did turn me off a little. Made me wonder if something was wrong with them....For example, were they on different sites to try and meet guys because most were running for really good reasons - lol. I also wondered if they were just players looking to score many free meals and drinks off different guys. Some people do it.

Not judging you. Just my own feeling when I saw this.

I don't use dating sites. (nothing wrong with them) But if I did, and I noticed a guy on multiple sites, I probably wouldn't care, but I do seem how it could look desperate, and seem like you are talking to a lot of woman. -which could be a major turn off.

And she may not have been registered to the other sites. She could have just been browsing, and saw you on there.

I'm not on any dating sites, and I have looked through different sites out of curiosity.

To me it would give the appearance of being a player. Just my perspective.

But as others have stated they are on multiple sites to if they found him.

If they really are turned off for this reason they are hypocrites.

But it is probably something else causing the lack of interest.

I often see the exact same ads on Craigslist over and over again (I have a habit of surfing CL ads in every category...I need a life!). Always the same picture and the same verbage. Some of them post every day for months at a time. Definitely a turn off for me. It comes off as desperate...not a player.

I don't see a problem with being a member of multiple dating sites. As far as I am concerned, part of success in dating is casting a wide net, meeting a lot of different people, or at least creating conditions for which you could potentially meet a lot of people, and then narrowing it down from there. Just seems like good planning to me. But yes, for some it might be a turn-off...that just means they are not the ones for you.

I often see the exact same ads on Craigslist over and over again (I have a habit of surfing CL ads in every category...I need a life!). Always the same picture and the same verbage. Some of them post every day for months at a time. Definitely a turn off for me. It comes off as desperate...not a player.

I post a pic on CL like twice a month. So if someone keeps seeing it that means the replies I'm getting are not women attracted to

But as others have stated they are on multiple sites to if they found him.

If they really are turned off for this reason they are hypocrites.

But it is probably something else causing the lack of interest.

I was stating my own perspective.

But again, if you were in this situation it would mean you were also on multiple sites. so that would make you a player too. or give the appearance of one.

If you were in that situation.

I have not done any online dating myself, but I was recently checking out the prospects on Match and Yahoo, and saw some duplications. For me it was a turn off, but that's me.

If there are big differences or even contradictory statements in your profiles between the two sites, that could be a problem.

This is the only time seeing a guy on more than one site was a problem for me--I was a member of eHarmony and Match at the same time for a while and occasionally I would see a guy who was clearly marketing himself completely differently on the two sites--his eHarmony profile would make it sound like he was looking to get married and have kids tomorrow and wanted nothing more than the "right woman" to have quiet nights of Bible study at home with, while the Match profile would talk about how much he loved to go out drinking and partying with his friends!!!

If there weren't any contradictions or discrepancies between the two profiles, though, I would assume that he was just casting a wide net or might not even be a current subscriber of both sites. A lot of people have tried several dating sites over time and might still have several profiles scattered around the web...

• 1 month later...

Archived