It's happening all over again

After months of my ex leaving me and I finally feel like I've got my life back on track, and am dating a wonderful guy (couple of months) who I've known for a couple of years, there's this sick feeling in my stomach that I might have to endure breaking up all over again.

This guy has been looking for a job and has recently been offered two positions, one in the place we live in, and another out of state (hotel line). He prefers the out of state job, has a better pay and it is something he wants to do. But the thing is, after his previous serious relationship which was LDR, LDR is something he doesn't even want to consider.

Of course he doesn't want to give up the relationship, but I understand that he's lost his faith in LDR. So now basically we only have this week, he will have to reach a decision by next Wednesday.

I just feel like crap. Needed to vent. Any comments greatly appreciated.

Stick in there. But just make sure that you don't try to make the decision for him. Be supportive as much as it hurts that you could possibly lose him...if you pressure him too much, he will resent you if he makes the wrong decision. He will choose on his own and whatever happens, you will have to be okay with it. Sorry, I know it must be tough...but if it's meant to be, it will.

Stick in there. But just make sure that you don't try to make the decision for him. Be supportive as much as it hurts that you could possibly lose him...if you pressure him too much, he will resent you if he makes the wrong decision. He will choose on his own and whatever happens, you will have to be okay with it. Sorry, I know it must be tough...but if it's meant to be, it will.

Sound advice. If he cares enough about you the LDR should not matter. Just because he did it once and things didn't work doesn't mean they can't work this time because this is a different relationship. So if he chooses the out of state job and decides that you two are thereforee over, then it wasn't a strong enough relationship and you are better off without someone who is that ambivalent about you.

Archived