Feeling like a failure (and a fool)

I tried my best. Gave her numerous chances (foolish). This time she just disapeared. I feel like I failed big time---even though there was no chance of a relationship with her ever working. She pulled 97.5% of the goofy behavior...but I'm STILL feeling guilty.

Anybody relate?

I've had to do this with my parents. Some people are just beyond our ability to help or even cope with without getting crushed and beat up in the process. It's hard, but these are HER choices. No one is putting a gun to her head. I know how it feels to be so stunned that someone you care about would act that way, but they can & they do every day. You deserve more, let God take care of her now b/c you can't & it's not your job anyway, it's hers. I wish you luck and happiness, we have all been there!

I know how it feels to be so stunned that someone you care about would act that way,

I think that's the key right there. I stood by her through thick and thin; ALL of her garbage....and this is my reward?

Anyway...thanks again. I do appreciate your input.

Yup! It's not much of an ego booster is it! LOL! Yes, when my boyfriend was trying to get me back, that was one of the things that just kept ringing through my head...I have been there for you through all of this & I just get S*** on for it! Thats about the time I finally gave up. I got tired of being a doormat, which is so typically not my normal behavior. But we were friends so long before dating that I gave him the benefit of the doubt when I really shouldn't have. I trusted that he would never treat me like common garbage after a 12 year friendship and an almost 2 yr relationship. Well, sad to say I was wrong & hopefully I can learn not to repeat all my same mistakes.

I kept taking her back. She would break up...then come back crying and making all kinds of promises. I knew I was playing the fool....but I continued to give her the benefit of the doubt. I can't count how many times now. I'm old enough to know better!!

Yes, spit on is what I got.

You seem like a good person, Mutley. It'll only be a matter of time until someone can appreciate that.

You tried your best! Why feel foolish?! It's out of your hands now, be relieved!

I know how you feel. I gave my guy a billion chances and I'm STILL giving him chances. I'm making excuses for him, I'm waiting for the day he's going to change... I haven't reached "the end of the road" yet, but I can sense it coming really soon.

You seem like a good person, Mutley. It'll only be a matter of time until someone can appreciate that.

Thank you. That was very nice of you to say. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy!!

Multiple chances: Yes, we have to look under every stone before we call it quits. People can say "don't do it" over and over....but we need to find out for ourselves.

You are a good, caring person that got taken advantage of, that happens to me all the time! lol, but dont change who you are x

I agree completely! We women need some nice guys! Lately they are few and far between!!! Maybe it's b/c they are dating all the crummy girls on the other side of ENA!! LOL!!!

I agree completely! We women need some nice guys! Lately they are few and far between!!! Maybe it's b/c they are dating all the crummy girls on the other side of ENA!! LOL!!!

I think the older we get (you and I are the same age ) the harder it is to find good people. The pool is conciderably smaller than when when we were 20 years old. The percentage of people who are single (at our age)...are single for a reason.

I used to think it was a female problem; us guys were getting abused ....until a good friend of mine (you lives 800 miles away) who has everything going for her...just kept meeting idiot after idiot. So pathology doesn't discriminate!!

ISo pathology doesn't discriminate!!

HAHAHAAAA!!! Well if our reasons for being single are because we care to much about other people to treat them like garbage OR to in turn be treated as such, then im ok with it! I'm sure there are others in the same boat, granted it seems to be more of a dingy these days then a boat, but yeah, I know what you mean. I think of that at times when I consider sticking my big toe back into the dating pool...then I just run back on shore & hide! I know there are great people out there...I just haven't been any good at picking them!!

I think of that at times when I consider sticking my big toe back into the dating pool...then I just run back on shore & hide! I know there are great people out there...I just haven't been any good at picking them!!

I with ya on that.

The thought of dating again nausiates me.

ps the caring people are in the MINORITY. I think the crazies threw them overboard.

ps the caring people are in the MINORITY. I think the crazies threw them overboard.

Are you implying that I should start looking for a nice guy at the bottom of the ocean??? LOL!!

I know lots and lots of caring people & I have great caring friends! It's only when I start to date them that they become jerks! LOL!! I seem to be the only common denominator! I told my friend I was concerned due to the 3 a**hole rule! We had a good laugh over that one!

Are you implying that I should start looking for a nice guy at the bottom of the ocean??? LOL!!

I know lots and lots of caring people & I have great caring friends! It's only when I start to date them that they become jerks! LOL!! I seem to be the only common denominator! I told my friend I was concerned due to the 3 a**hole rule! We had a good laugh over that one!

yea, davey jones' locker. Maybe I could find a nice mermaid down there as well.

what is the 3 you-know-what rule? (last time I used stars in a bad word on here, I got an email from the mods.

mca1975 "keep meeting idiot after idiot too! Show me a good man."

The world must be full of idiots. The census should have a new catagory for "idiot." It would probably be 100%.

Dating/relationships = ](*,)

It was rough yesterday. But I'm feeling much better today. It's finally sinking in that she has major issues....and it's great I don't have to break my back trying to deal with them anymore.

The future is open now to new and better posibilities.

Archived