should i forgive infidelity??? Please help

rosy2000

I think about what he did to me every second in my life and I feel so mad at him and at my self at the mistakes I did by confronting him as soon as I found a text message from him to her.

I felt like I was reading my own thoughts exactly!!!

I think right now the reality to accept is that YOU personally are iwthout financial means to separate from him, he's not in a position to lose his job as that is your mutual means of income and support - and so his infidelity isn't and option to overlook, ignore or forgive per se- it's a fact to be accepted, while hated - while realizing that the reason you're not able to address the "should I forgive him, do I want to leave him?" is a result of you lacking financial security and independence.

You can't really decide what is best for you - when "you" have nothing that would allow you an independent and secure existence outside of him.

Sorry i didn't explain myself... I was talking as a family and the things we currently have as a whole. He said it clearly...he wants to be with me and that is why i am going to try as well. I don't work now because i am taking care of our son so he gets a good quality of life not because i can't. In the event that i didn't want to fight for my marriage; I should have no problem taking care of my son and i, i do have support from my family so i could start again, i don't need him to take care of me financially or need him around to in order to leave my life; just want him to be honest with me.

Archived