:( help ... boyfriend shutting me out of his life

elusivebliss

So here's the situation.

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years. Nothing has really been weird with us lately... still tells me he loves me... calls me when he gets home at night etc etc. He usually picks me up from work and on saturday he didn't show... so i tried to call his cell and it was turned off. Didnt call me all night and hasnt spoken to me at all... hasn't even tried. I dont know what to think. Im upset... but i dont have time for this. If he didnt want to hang out he just had to say so.... not turn off his phone and shut me out of his life. i dont even know if thats what it is... i can't even begin to understand why he just stopped speaking to me. I didnt do anything wrong.

please help!!

should i get rid of him??

Is he hurt? Did he get into an accident? Why are you suddenly assuming that he is blowing you off when there was no history of that...unless you are not telling the whole story. If there was no history of trouble then I would be more concerned that he got injured and that is why he hasn't been in touch.

does he have a myspace or facebook account that you can see when his last log on was? does he have a roommate you can call? i'd say chances are that he is alive and well, but there's always a small chance something happened to him, especially if the relationship was going really well and he always called you before.

his friends are back from school for the summer so hes been spending a bit more time with them but equal time with me... so i have no idea... i dont know if he cheated or met someone better and just left me behind.... like he hasnt even called to break up with me... or is this his way of doing that? i dont know what to think....

Maybe he's been feeling smothered lately and that is his way of pushing you away a bit? If so, he is being extremely immature about it. Or maybe something happened last night that you don't know about yet.

You seem to be jumping to conclusions rather quickly, though, considering it's a one-time thing and it was only last night. Are you worried that he might break up with you?

It's very possible he went out with his friends and got really drunk and hungover.

But I think he needs to explain why he just dropped contact and made you worry. He could be pulling away, or possibly just too drunk and surly to talk to and he knew that. See if he calls today. If not, call him and ask him what is going on.

Archived