Lied about my virginity to make myself more attractive.

Lowconfidence

If a girl isn't going to date you because you're a virgin, she's a moron anyways. Besides, some women find it hot that the guy is inexperienced, she may want to "teach" you things in bed and stuff, that can be a massive turn on for them.

I made the mistake of lying about my virginity, and it bit me in the ass. Don't do that, just tell the truth and if she doesn't like it, she can **** off. You are who you are, be proud of it.

I REALLY like your attitude about this and no, this time I am NOT being sarcastic. Maybe I should just be myself. After all, as I've said before, I'm not waiting for marriage or any of that crap. Rather, its just that women seem to ignore me for whatever reason so I've never met anyone before and, as such, I'm still a "v". But again, I am going to brainwash myself to really not give a **** about this anymore. Again, I like your attitude about this eskimobobseal. In fact, while I have never blatantly talked to my mother about being a virgin as that would be too weird, I have nevertheless asked her why she thinks that I have never had a gf before and she swears up and down that she doesn't think that I am ugly and swears that there is nothing wrong with my looks. So, I really don't know what my issue is. I will say that I seem to get more looks from Hispanic/Native American women when out in public whereas white women don't seem to ever look at me. Problem is, these Hispanic women who do look at me are always with their husband since I live in a military town.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Asking someone if they are a virgin is NOT an appropriate thing to ask one's significant other.

Just because that is what you thinks, does not make it correct or a fact. Deal with it. Again, there may as well be a reason you have been virgin for so long. Maybe it's your arrogant know-it-all attitude on points where you absolutely have no certain knowledge that is really unattractive. Think about it.

I don't care whether or not its a guy asking a girl this or vice versa. In my view, virginity is to be known ONLY by the individual himself or herself. Now, if a woman wants to think that I am a virgin due to the fact that I don't know what I'm doing then that is cool. She can speculate all day long, but it is inappropriate for anyone of ANY gender to ask this of their boyfriend or girlfriend.
That's okay to think so. I know a lot of both girls and guys thinks this too, I however wouldn't date anyone who wouldn't be honest on this, as to me a relationship is about trust and opening up to eachother both physically and mentally, and when someone needs to keep secrets, or hold of informationlike you suggest, any information, even if it's just what they had for dinner, that is a breach of intimacy IMO, and thereby not a serious relationship. So I'd say whatever you're considering a relationship is not really serious, but that is just my opinion, not a fact. Just like your opinion is just your opinion.

As some folks have said on here before, the only thing that anyone owes anyone else within the context of a sexual relationship is the fact that he or she is within the legal age of consent, a clean STD test, and an HIV negative blood test. That is all that anyone owes anyone in my view.

I agree with this to an extend. Also dependant on the type of relationship one wishes to perceive.

• 1 month later...

Think lying about it isn't as bad.i told the truth and went from her being really into me to not even giving me a first date.it not like she'll ever find out if I'm a virgin anyways and I'm not lying about anything else.its true that they say in public how sweet that is but behind close doors women think its a loser quality and would be wondering what the heck is wrong with this weirdo.so I'm all for not mentioning it or lying,I learned my lesson the hard way.

I don't think it's that bad to lie about being a virgin. Btw, I am a girl. I wouldn't be offended if I found out a guy lied because I would understand how embarrassed he felt about being a virgin. I also wouldn't mind if he DID tell me he was a virgin. The only thing that would bother me is if he was a virgin and had told me he had slept with tons of girls. You should just say you're "inexperienced" if you're a virgin. Oh yeah, I would be super mad if a guy said he WAS a virgin and had actually slept with many girls.. that would be the worst lie, I think.

Here are some questions for the ladies and some things to think about. I'm a 32 year old virgin. But I think in my case it's worst. I've never "french" kissed a girl. No relationships..nothing.

1. How the virgin topic comes up in conversation. Can it give off different vibes? Like, most of the time a girl won't ask me. I will TELL them when I feel like I need to.

2. Also, does the timing matter? When you just meet them, first date, second date, first kissing? etc...

3. What's worst? OR would this even be different. Telling a girl you have never kissed a girl or telling a girl you never had sex before? For all the girls that say you shouldn't lie about being a virgin, is that the same for someone about telling a girl they've never kissed? Because eventually the girl is going to want to know the "farthest you've been" if she's at least interested.

How the virgin topic comes up in conversation. Can it give off different vibes? Like, most of the time a girl won't ask me. I will TELL them when I feel like I need to.

2. Also, does the timing matter? When you just meet them, first date, second date, first kissing? etc...

Barring them asking you outright, then the right time is right before you have sex with them.

I say that because their less likely to back out if your both naked.

3. What's worst? OR would this even be different. Telling a girl you have never kissed a girl or telling a girl you never had sex before?

Telling them you've never kissed would be worse, since that would mean you have no experience at all.

First, I do have to point out how weird it is for the women on this site to say that they wouldn't mind if a guy was a virgin and then say they would feel "betrayed" if a guy lied about his virginity. The implication behind feeling "betrayed" is that they were tricked into having sex, because it never would have happened if she knew he was a virgin.

It is, of course, a very natural reaction for even a quality woman to be turned off by a guy's virginity or inexperience. She wants to feel special, like she was chosen from among many, NOT like she was just settling for a guy nobody else wanted. Also, if a girl is really attracted to a guy who confesses that he is a virgin or inexperienced, she will of course assume that he is not only a loser, but also a liar. She'll start to think, "If a guy this great can't find a woman, there must be a reason, and I can't see it, which means he's hiding things from me!" So, from that standpoint you can see why a guy might lie about his sexual or relationship experience. Telling the truth will only make him seem like a liar.

That said, I'm a little old fashioned, so I kind of feel that if you can't trust a woman with the truth and she can't trust you, then the two of you probably shouldn't be having sex. Keep in mind, though, this is coming from someone who's been continuously single all his life and will probably continue to do so for the rest of his life. Therefore, while I'm committed to honesty and openness, it hasn't exactly been a successful strategy for me and you should try it at your own risk.

Archived