maggie1212 Posted July 18, 2008 Share Posted July 18, 2008 Hello all, I am new to this forum and thought I would ask anyone and everyone their advice. Any help would be much appreciated. my bf and i have been datinig for 2 years. He is a very nice guy but we have been having some issues lately. we are both finishing up with college and planning/thinking about our future. since i am going to grad school and he is a year older he technically would be finished with school before i am. he will be an education teacher and talks on and off about wanting to get his masters. i have told him it would be best for him to get his masters right away after his undergrad as i will still be in school and then once he is done we can settle down. he wants to settle down first and maybe after a few years of teaching get his masters online (which will end up taking 3-4 years). i know him, and know that if he doesn't do it right away he will never go back. getting his masters would be huge for his career adn the path he wants to take but i fear he is being to lazy and making up excuses as to why he wont just get his masters right away. everytime i address the issue he blows it off and says im thinking about it. it has now been a YEAR of him thinking. our relationship is suffering becuase i want to plan a future or move on and he won't give me a definite decision. i finally told him that if he doesnt start to make a decision or look into it more im going to have to move on. i didnt' want to threaten him but i cant wait around forever. i wish he would just be more dedicated to us. he says he doesnt want to lose me but yet it obviously doesnt mean enough to him to just go on for his masters right away and keep me at he same time. the last thing i want to do is be controlling but at the same time i feel like he really isnt thinking about our future. i keep telling him how by going to get his masters right away he woudl have it done with and it wouldnt have to put off our future. nothing seems to make him address the issue. bottom line... i know this prolly doesnt seem like much of an issue to many, but it is killing our relationship right now. i really need some advice. should i just back off and let it be. or should i stay true to my word and walk away if i dont get a decision? i dont want to be controlling his future career, but by him making the decision to put it off and affect us in the long run isn't that letting him control me? any help would be appreciated. thanks! Link to comment
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.