CynicalGuitarist

I personally think I have some sort of body dysmorphic disorder. It hurts alot, and I think I'm really very dull and ugly (women have even told me that)... not just that, but I'm short too, and that's a really big turnoff for a bunch of women.

It's odd, too. Some of my relatives (and occasionally friends) always ask me why there aren't women swarming around me wanting to date me.

I hate having to resort to this, but how do I look in this most recent pic?

Don't be afraid to tell me the truth, I've been told some nasty things about my looks.

BTW, that beanie is on to protect a couple zits I have (one blackhead that just won't go away)

I honestly think you are a good looking guy. It's hard to judge a picture, but you have a very cute face (big eyes!!). Also, I love the beanie and the guitar- I think that the type of girl you want to attract is also interested in the fact that you love to play the guitar, etc.

You can spend your life wishing you were taller, as I can wish for being just a tad shorter. In the end, it won't change, it will only affect your daily mood in a negative sense.

As far as looks go, try to focus on your strong points- you have a lot of them, work on those aspects that you can actually change, such as clothing, hairstyle, and getting yourself fit. Do you like to sport/work out? Don't get stuck on things that your genes have decided for you such as height or eye-color.

I personally think I have some sort of body dysmorphic disorder. It hurts alot, and I think I'm really very dull and ugly (women have even told me that)... not just that, but I'm short too, and that's a really big turnoff for a bunch of women.

It's odd, too. Some of my relatives (and occasionally friends) always ask me why there aren't women swarming around me wanting to date me.

I hate having to resort to this, but how do I look in this most recent pic?

Don't be afraid to tell me the truth, I've been told some nasty things about my looks.

BTW, that beanie is on to protect a couple zits I have (one blackhead that just won't go away)

Listen man, you can put a pic up on here looking like Smeagel from Lord of the Rings and people will B.5. you and say, "oh no...your cute!" but honestly...even though its from a guy's perspective...your not a bad looking guy at all!! Also, 5'5 is short...but its not midget status. Think about those guys who are like 5'1......?? I don't think its so much your height as it is your weight...your really light aren't you? Just start eating and lifting man...I am an amateur bodybuilder, if your interested..PM me and I can hook you up with somea advice to gain some good weight.

Other than that, honestly man....your fine, and girls who told you that are extremely retarded. why would a girl tell you that?

I think you are an attractive guy and it seems that you have great music taste. Perhaps you need to hang out in more circles where the women will appreciate your unique talents (and looks)! As far as the height thing is concerned, I wouldn't worry about it. I've dated plenty of guys that are shorter. Just be confident!

Hey man, there is nothing wrong with you except your attitude about yourself. When you follow the advice of these other posters and you get to the point where you don't feel the need to ask others for their approval you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. It's seriously all in your head and it's because you've had nasty people saying nasty things to you. I have a friend that is 5'5'' and he's marrying a woman that's 5'8'' and gorgeous, she's head over heels for him. He's one of the funniest guys I've ever met, he plays up his good qualities (being his sense of humor). Once you realize that you do have great qualities that women are attracted to (by the way, women are attracted to all sorts of qualities...surprise, surprise, they really are all different) you'll do just fine.

• 3 weeks later...
It's a bass, actually, but thanks.
A bass is a guitar.

Personality and attitude are a lot more important than looks as I'm sure you know, but since you are asking about your physical appearance...

Bra, you're an average looking dude just like the rest of us. Lose the beanie first of all. 5'5" is a bit short, but there's a difference between short and small. Lift a little bit, bulk up, stand up straight and work on how you carry yourself. That's all there is to it really.

Well I won't lie you're no supermalemodel. But who the hell is? Think: real life... Not many.

You're not ugly like some women say. Now these women may think you have an ugly personality... which we will never know- but are you ugly? No.

You're short, for some like you say it's a huge turnoff- for some like me, don't care. Well sorry I'm lying here... I did care in fact I didn't date him at first because he was short (your height as well I'm a mere inch shorter than him- mostly taller due to heels then we became friends... then I started to like my shorty... then I fell in love with my shorty. So sure, it can be a put off but you'll have to make up for it in your dazzling personality which btw should not include no confidence. If the girls you are dating care about height- they are too superficial and you should write them off on that basis alone. Love is love, short- tall it shouldn't matter and for the right girl it WON'T matter.

I'm sorry but your "friends" or whoever is telling you you're ugly is a b-i-t-c-h. Unless they were provoked or the nasty remark was deserved- which I doubt! And if you think you're dull- you probably are- so make more of an effort! Surround yourself with people who are kind, and fun- feed off them.

• 2 weeks later...

Losing the beanie and getting a good hairstyle, maybe updating your wardrobe, and trying to gain a few ell-bees wouldn't do you any harm, dude.

With that said, you're not bad looking. And with a few style changes (like others have said, the things you CAN change), you could be a lot more attractive.

Archived