For those of you who end up breaking up.....

Would you like your ex to end it decisively then and there and cut off the hope, or tell you that they need space and can work on things a few months to a year down the road?

if he was positive that it was over, then i would rather him not drag out my hope like that. it is cruel and unnecessary to keep somebody waiting for you when you have no intention of going back to them. they could have been moving on and healing and maybe even finding someone new, but instead they are hanging onto the hope that you'll come back.

so i rather they end it right then and there and that's that.

• 3 weeks later...

Just END it....I can't stand the mumbo jumbo games---if it's real and there's potential staring you in the face there's never a need to take a break. For goodness sake people are not in pre school and need a "bathroom break".....Stick it out or Let it go...Simple.

Cut. It. Off.

It saves a lot of prolonged heartbreak. Yes, there may be that couple from time to time who genuinely want/need time apart--my best friend and her now fiance took a four month break two years ago, but even that was full of doubt and drama at the the--but it is very rare for the true intentions to be getting back together. Planting that seed of hope is generally just a selfish move on the ex's part, and all it does is make the pain last longer than it should for you.

Archived