did I do the right thing?

oneboardus

I broke up with my b/f of two years today because I read an email that he wrote to his ex that said "hey, I will call you tomorrow. don't call me". When I asked him if he emailed her or talked to her, he said no. I asked him to tell me the truth and he said no. So, he lied. Once I told him I read the email he said that his ex called him 2 weeks ago. He said he didn't want to tell me because I would get upset. I asked him why he was going to call her back and he said he didn't want to be rude to her by not returning her call. We broke up once before over this because I found out he had called her. Well, I told him I didn't want him calling me for a month so that I could get over him. He said "what if you call me???? Do you want me to let voice mail get it?" I said yes and then hung up. Am I making more out of this then I should be? If he loved me why wouldn't he be honest? I just need some advice. I am so very much in love with this man. We called each other everyday 4 -5 times a day so this is the first day we won't talk at all! Help...Did I do the right thing?

Well it seems to me that if he loved you as much as you love him he would have tried harder to keep you and convince you not to break up with him. Especially considering it's happened once allready for the same reason. I know my exgirlfriend was getting calls from her ex alot the past month or 2 and guess what, she dumped 8 days ago and is back with him allready. you always have to follow you instincts, I wish I would have!

Trust is the most important thing in a relationship. Don't let your guard down. I hope you don't get hurt!

Did your ex tell you she wouldn't get back with her ex even if things with didn't work out with you? The reason I ask is because that is what he said to me. He said he didn't want her back. But your right he didn't try to stop me from breaking up with him In fact when I said that he would be happy to know he is free of me. He said " don't act like this was my idea" then he said "Whatever". I have already been hurt by this man and I have to tell myself I deserve better...way better!

My first reaction to this is that your boyfriend sounds completely shady. He should have been honest with you, no matter what the truth was and how much it would hurt you. Honesty should be the most important part of a relationship, because without honesty you have no concrete trust to build upon. If I were you, I wouldn't even give him this one month ultimatum. Next time you talk to him, say to him, "If you're ready to be in an honest and open relationship, then call me. Otherwise, I have to find someone else who is willing to." Trust me, being in a relationship with someone you can't trust it the worst possible thing you can put yourself through. You may love him, but love cannot be unconditional if he is giving you a reason to be suspicious. You need to find someone who will respect you as a person and tell you the truth when you ask for it. Hope I helped!