Ex Wants To Take Things Slow But Wont Stop Talking To Her EX

Ok...so I dated this girl for 3 years...we broke it off mutually because she was very busy with school and thought it would be alright to take a break. Well we talked on and off and feelings sort of died out in between us. I mean we missed eachother like crazy at first but it got better eventually. So now we decided to take things slow and see what happens with us. But the only problem is her ex boyfriend CONSTANTLY gets in the way of things. He will not stop contacting her and the worst part about it is she will not cut him off. She keeps responding to his texts with modest answers but the point is if she is serious about us she would cut him off completely. Im SO frustrated with her right now I dont know what she really wants. One minute I feel like shes serious about us then the next her ex comes up because he texts her while Im with her and we argue about him. She told me he was verbally abusive which makes me even more upset at the fact she even considers wasting her time with his nonsense. He keeps asking her to get back with him and everytime I ask her why she talks to him she doesnt give me a valid reason. Im supposed to go camping with her and a few friends tomorrow but Im debating on whether or not its even a good idea since this matter is not resolved. The last thing I want to happen is us arguing all weekend.

I just got out of the same situation. My ex g/f thinks it's cool to stay in contact with her ex b/f(s). I explained to her that it makes me feel unconfortable and I feel that it's disrespectful to our relationship. She tried to come with every excuse, but failed to realize that it hurts me. It makes to to believe that there was more to it than she was telling me.

So in a nutshell explain to her how you feel about it and what her expectations are for your relationship. If she can't see your reasoning, then you might want to rethink it.

Good Luck!!

What does 'take it slow' mean? What was the agreement about that? Are you back together or just slowly thinking about the possibility of maybe getting back together at some point in the near or distant future?

What does 'take it slow' mean? What was the agreement about that? Are you back together or just slowly thinking about the possibility of maybe getting back together at some point in the near or distant future?

By "take is slow" I mean that we are thinking about the possibility. At first it seemed very good but now chances are slim with whats happening unless something changes soon.

you know that this could actually work out in your favor if you relax...he might just be pushing her right into your arms...he's the dumpee who's being needy, begging and pleading while you are cool and relaxed and just having fun...he's pressuring her and you need to maybe not pressure her? she gets the emotional lift from him contacting her all the time but you get the benefit of being with her. It's a bit risky but there's a good chance that he burns her out after awhile and drives her right into being with you.

Archived