Guys: Would this upset you

I show up to my boyfriend's work sometimes just to surprise him. I'll take him a milkshake or sushi or something. Last week, I took him sushi one night (one roll for each of us) b/c his restuarnt isn't usually very busy on that night, but it turns out he was super busy and couldn't visit with me. No big deal. I left his sushi and went home.

I don't think it's a big deal if it's done every once and a while, like a nice surprise.

There should be no surprise visits from girlfriends.

Really? You have to make an appointment?

Wouldn't bother me if it was just very occasional at work....she was in the area or something. Obviously if you are busy/can't say hi they would have to understand that.

In terms of at home, I don't know...for me it is sometimes nice to be surprised. If it happened all the time I might have to say something.

Yes my ex hated it when i called him at work!

Calling is a different story...I hate when anyone calls me at work. (but then again, I work alone every day now so I do a lot of calling/texting myself, but when I USED to work at real jobs, I hated when anyone called me at work)

A lot depends on what an employer would think about visits from girlfriends - it could be a problem.

As to unexpected visits at his home - again, it depends on what prompted the visit. It could easily look like you are checking up to make sure he isn't with someone else.

I would say no to work as I know I am busy. However at home stop over whenever unless you know I have plans. Even then if it had plans if you stopped by I do not think I would mind as long as you were not invading my plans with the girls

Calling is a different story...I hate when anyone calls me at work. (but then again, I work alone every day now so I do a lot of calling/texting myself, but when I USED to work at real jobs, I hated when anyone called me at work)

I guess I don't understand why calling would be worse than popping in. When you call them at work they can either chat with you or call you back when they are less busy..but popping in unannounced can be very awkward if you are right smack in the middle of something and then you feel rude asking them to leave.

I think it's a sweet idea. don't get why anyone would look upon a surprise visit negatively.

If it's done too much, if the person working asks the person to stop, if the employer is bothered by it, etc.

But yeah I like surprise visits. It's sweet and it's always great to see that "HEY!" look on their face!

I guess I don't understand why calling would be worse than popping in. When you call them at work they can either chat with you or call you back when they are less busy..but popping in unannounced can be very awkward if you are right smack in the middle of something and then you feel rude asking them to leave.

Well calling it woudl be like "Whatcha doin?" Showing up is to say hello to them, possibly give them something, offer to take them to lunch, something like that. A short but sweet visit.

When I waitressed, my boyfriend woudl show up sometimes just to sit in my section if he knew it woudl be a slow night for me. It made my night better sometimes.

Office, though--not sure. Offices usually frown on stuff like that.

I think it's a sweet idea. don't get why anyone would look upon a surprise visit negatively.

Because work is work...it is not a place to entertain your girlfriend. It is unprofessional. I don't see wives paying surprise visits to their husbands at work..they call. Romance should be left at home, not in the boardroom.

Well calling it woudl be like "Whatcha doin?" Showing up is to say hello to them, possibly give them something, offer to take them to lunch, something like that. A short but sweet visit.

When I waitressed, my boyfriend woudl show up sometimes just to sit in my section if he knew it woudl be a slow night for me. It made my night better sometimes.

Office, though--not sure. Offices usually frown on stuff like that.

Okay, waitressing is a different matter...the work environment lends itself to a visit because the person can always order something. I was thinking about an office environment where it would be awkward.

Archived