Can i flip a switch and turn them off?

bloodelf34

Well i guess if u can could you explain it someway. I can relate tho because ive been going thru a really bad time in an already pretty crazy life so its been a really big struggle. Sometimes i even get moments of clarity and that helps but its been kinda strange for me lately.

This is just kinda a general rant about emotions, feelings and all that crap. Sometimes i wish i could just turn em off, and be like Mr Spock. I wonder is there a way to lessen their intensity?

Hi bloodelf34,

Practice developing an awareness of those emotions and feelings. It is very easy for the mind to drown in the thoughts that arise. However, when you practice a kind of 'self awareness', over time you will notice that they are merely habits of the mind, stretching no farther than your own perception. Sounds easy, but it takes a lot of patience and diligence. But the clarity of mind will outweigh the difficulty. The untrained mind is like a monkey swinging from branch to branch, grabbing onto what ever is nearest.

I would suggest that you look into some kind of meditative practice. Investigate it further through the internet, other practitioners, etc. Emotions/feelings won't necessarily go away, but you can change how you perceive them, 'lessening their intensity'.

Be well.

Archived