Hard to explain, but I think I miss her.

Alright, I'll try to keep this short.

I broke up with the ex a month ago, because I simply had enough of the emotional abuse she was putting me through. I broke up with her twice prior to, and that was the third and final time. I held my ground this time.

In my methodology, to completely get over a girl, I have to arrange a few dates in order to first, get back into the swing of things, and then to experience the fun part of being single and having range once again.

So yesterday, I was on another date [i dont count, but enough to say that I should be way over the ex]. The girl was great in every way, smart, pretty, and someone you can laugh and enjoy your time with.

But once again, I found myself thinking about my ex. A few times, I just drifted off while she was talking when a moment that reminded me of our time [ex and I] together caught me.

And each time it gets harder for me to put my phone back down after I reach over to send her a text, or call her, or somehow show her that I'm still thinking about her.

Oh, and I recently figured out that everything I'm doing, I'm still doing to somehow spite her. The countless hours I spend in the gym are for the next time I see her, to show her how badly she messed up. [i know that she's nuts about me physically] My companies, my work, and my entire business venture is done in order to show her how badly she messed up. [she's by no means a gold digger, and we argued about paying any sort of bill each time, her wanting to do it, and myself as well]

And yet again, any 20 dates I go on, can't compare to an hour of time spent with her.

NC is flippin' hard.

she's an addiction you have to break bro...I have the same thing...I'm getting into shape that I haven't been in in 10yrs...I used to date some amazingly beautiful women and this breakup has kicked me in the ass to get back down to a good weight and fitness level. I also have a girl that's cute, athletic, smart and fun and I lack interest in her even though I know she's good for me and is what I usually look for in a woman.

I know I'm partially getting myself back together for the ex but I benefit either way...and just fight the urge....keep strong...calling her is just going to set you back...let it go and post on here we will support you. Give yourself time and your mind and body will learn how to get along without her

she's an addiction you have to break bro...I have the same thing...I'm getting into shape that I haven't been in in 10yrs...I used to date some amazingly beautiful women and this breakup has kicked me in the ass to get back down to a good weight and fitness level. I also have a girl that's cute, athletic, smart and fun and I lack interest in her even though I know she's good for me and is what I usually look for in a woman.

I know I'm partially getting myself back together for the ex but I benefit either way...and just fight the urge....keep strong...calling her is just going to set you back...let it go and post on here we will support you. Give yourself time and your mind and body will learn how to get along without her

That's what I keep telling myself. If I miss her in 11 months time, but have amassed a bank account of a tiny country and a body that causes car crashes, I've done myself good, right? No matter what fueled me to do it.

The only thing that I'm afraid of is how long it will last. I don't logically believe a dude my age can ever know being in love is like, since hell, I couldn't say I've ever been, but this comes pretty close to the fence. And those feelings last too damn long.

I know exactly where you are coming from! Since my ex left I have slept with 2 girls, both ive known for a while and 1 of them its awesome. She's a great laugh, we talk every day and get on so well. So she came to stay for about 4 days... After the first day i took her home. Things she did.. wondering around my house, made me breakfast etc just brought the pain flooding to me and i almost broke down infront of her. As i said to her, i dont know why i feel this way about my ex, and if there was something that could be cut out of me to make it go away i would go to the ER ASAP.

Archived